Handelsschiffe Weserübung: DONAU

Begonnen von TW, 31 März 2014, 18:59:25

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

TW

Torsdag 26. november 1942, Klokken 14.55,  la troppetransportskipet D/S Donau ut fra Utstikker 1, ved den daværende Amerikalinjens kai i Oslo. Foruten mannskap og vaktstyrke var det 532 jøder fra Norge om bord: 302 menn, 188 kvinner og 42 barn. Bare ni menn overlevde krigen. I utgangspunktet skulle Donau ha fraktet enda flere jøder denne dagen, men flere transporter med arresterte jøder fra andre deler av landet rakk ikke frem i tide.

Quelle: http://www.hlsenteret.no/kunnskapsbasen/folkemord/folkemord-under-nazismen/holocaust/norge/reisen_med_donau.html

SS Donau was  used as a transport ship between Germany and Norway. She became known as the "slave ship" after the SS and Gestapo transported 540 Jews from Norway to Stettin, from where they were taken by train to Auschwitz. Only nine of those deported on the Donau survived. - On 26 November 1942 Norwegian police forces under the direction of the Gestapo handed 532 Jewish prisoners to the SS at Pier 1 in Oslo harbor. The ship was under the command of Untersturmführer Klaus Grossmann and Oberleutnant Manig.

Hier noch einige Hinweise zum Anschlag auf die Donau von Seiten der norwegische Widerstandsbewegung:

On or shortly before 16 January 1945, Roy Nielsen from Milorg and Max Manus from Kompani Linge planted ten limpet mines 50 centimetres (1.6 ft) under the waterline along a 60-metre (200 ft) section of the port side of the ship, while she was docked in Oslo. The intention was for the bombs to detonate in open sea once the ship had cleared the Oslofjord but, because departure on the morning of 17 January 1945 was delayed, the bombs went off before the Donau reached Drøbak, where the captain managed to beach her. Seven years later the wreck was pulled off and towed to Bremerhaven for scrapping.

Weitere Hinweise: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Donau_(1929)

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung