Handelsmarine Besatzungslisten 1885 - 1895

Begonnen von mikedaggett, 23 Juni 2016, 20:38:45

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

mikedaggett

Hallo
Please forgive my use of English. I am seeking assistance in identifying a German ship on which my Great Uncle (Christopher Daggett) was a crew member. I do not have a firm date but believe it was around 1890. The ship was delivering machinery to a mine in Baja California (Mexico). The mine was known as Las Flores. My relative left the ship in Baja after an argument. He married a local girl in 1892 and founded a dynasty! His great grandson is still in the same location, operating a campsite and offering sport fishing and whale watching from Bahia de Los Angeles. Christopher lost contact with his family who, until recently, believed he died at sea.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Vielen danke
Mike

Karsten

Hello Mike,

welcome!

With the name "Daggett" I suppose he was not a German? The name sounds English for me.

Kind regards

Karsten
Viele Grüße,

Karsten

ALFONSO NAVA

ALGO MÁS DE INFORMACION LA POBRAS ENCONTRAR EN EL LIBRO "Baja legends : the historic characters, events, and locations that put Baja California on the map" DE GREG NIEMANN, QUE HABLA SOBRE LA FAMILIA DAGGETT, DE ORIGEN INGLES. https://archive.org/details/bajalegendshisto0000niem/page/166/mode/1up?q=daggett

ALFONSO NAVA

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung