Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Thanks Urs and Joern,

The conclusion is then that it is not Erasmi on the photo.
Should the spelling etc be corrected in HMA crew liste? Link: https://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/crewlisten/ww2/ausgabe.php?where_value=12347&lang_cl=1

Some more Semskefjord photos.

I think they have spoted seals on the ice and started to hunt them with clubs. (or are they just trying to get through the ice?)

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 10 Mai 2023, 08:07:10
Should the spelling etc be corrected in HMA crew liste?
Ja, auch das Beförderungsdatum und die Zeit in der 1. Vp-Fltl (es kann keine Überlappung geben)

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi,

More photoshop.
A rowing competition being watched from Adolf Lüderitz. Priebe is probably the officer behind the young (civilian?) lady.
Another civilian (a mr Hack) that is with the crew of S 46 can be sean to the right.

The rowing photo is a combination of two photos made in photoshop.(my first try)

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Priebe singing. I think it is winter 1942 on Adolf Lüderitz. Priebe still has his beard so it is probably Jan/Feb.
I am a bit suprised that they are wearing the white uniforms onboard also in winter.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Priebe (?) on gitarr. He is clean shaven so it is probably spring 1942. He is wearing a white coat (probably to protect the gitarr) over his blue uniform.

I guess it is some kind of joke. The syringe probably containes whine based on the cork screw on the counter.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

S 46 crew with commander Priebe (with a beard) by the "Emil" flag. It is christmas 1941 on Adolf Lüderitz in Tromsö, Norway.

The mysterius civilian mr Hack is also there. There are some writing about him that I cant read on some photos here. Link (page bottom): https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,18105.1290.html Can anyone help me?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I have another photo from a diffrent source that shows the S 44 crew with commander Karl-Heinz "Charly" Merkel. It taken at the same time as the S 46 photo, Christmas 1941 on Adolf Lüderitz.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

S 46 on 22 May 1942. The full crew including the Bordehund. I think I have got most of the flags right.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

A photo of a model probably made in winter 1941/42. It is 8 SFtl with Adolf Lüderitz, S 42, S 44, S 45 and S 46 leaving Kiel for Norway on 18 Nov 1941.
It looks like the boats can move.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The S 42 sea eagle Wappen. The Wappen was painted when S 42 was with commander Mentzen in Finland, summer 1941, 2 Sftl. It must have been kept by commander Seeger (8 Sftl) when he got S 42 and took her to Norway in Nov 1941.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

S 42 with Wappen in Narvik Dec-41/Jan-42 after collision with S 44 (29 Dec-41). Original photo from Förderverein Schnellboote (labeled wrongly as S 113).

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

An 8 SFtl photo that got me confused. There are five boats (+ one more mast). The 8 Sftl had only S 42, S 44, S 45 and S 46.
The photo is probably from Bergen in Nov 1941 and the two extra mast boats must be V 5507 (ex S 10) and V 5508 (ex S 11) that were towing the 8 Sftl boats. The 8 Sftl came to Bergen on 26 Nov and left 30 Nov (HMA). The weather was bad, fits with the photo.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The Vorpostenboote were not S 10 and S 11 in Nov 1941.

V 5507 were O.B. Rogge and V 5508 were Seelöwe.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

There is a well know color photo of S 46 and another 8 Sftl boat that were published in the Signal magazine.
I have colorized two other photos taken at the same time. Can anyone sa where it is? It looks like there is a ship yard and industrie in the back ground. Kiel? Norway?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

There were two U-Boote in Semskefjord with Adol Lüderitz and 8 SFtl. Do anyone know when? It looks like April-May 1942 based on the melting snow.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung