Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi,

Some more practice with photoshop.

KptLt Christiansen, Chef 8 Sftl, Norway 1942, on a white S-Boot (S 46? or S 42?)

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Hi,

Here is Christianse in a better mode. Probably on Adolf Lüderitz, 1942?
Is there a special party when you paint your face with a burnt cork, has a burning candel on your head and roll a dice? Fasching? Sylvester?...

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 01 Mai 2023, 08:20:47
Dann könnte das Foto beim Verlegen vom Liegeplatz im Semskefjord nach Kirkenes entstanden sein
Nein, kann es nicht.  Man sieht im Hintergrund die offene See und die Fahrt vom Semskefjord nach Kirkenes geht nur durch Fjorde. Also noch einmal überdenken.

Zitat von: alo41 am 02 Mai 2023, 22:30:26
Is there a special party when you paint your face with a burnt cork, has a burning candel on your head and roll a dice? Fasching? Sylvester?
Es sieht ein wenig wie eine "Teufelsmaske" aus. 
Es könnte (!!) also auch eine Feier der Walpurgisnacht sein (30.4./1.5.1942) Das Datum wäre möglich.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

kielwasser

Zitat von: alo41 am 02 Mai 2023, 22:30:26
[...] has a burning candel on your head [...]

Die Kerze steht auf einer Halterung an der Wand dahinter, der Kandidat hat sich nur günstig für das Foto platziert  :-)

Gruß
Tino

thommy_l

Über Geschmäcker kann man reden ... Das Bild des Grövaz

Was soll das ganze? Verbuchen wir das als fehlgegangener Scherz oder sonst was?

Thommy

Urs Heßling

moin, Thommy,

Zitat von: thommy_l am 03 Mai 2023, 08:06:20
Was soll das ganze? Verbuchen wir das als fehlgegangener Scherz oder sonst was?
Wäre das Bild damals publik geworden, hätte Christiansen auch Schwierigkeiten bekommen können, da man es aus meiner Sicht (wegen Bart und weiterer Schminke) auch gut als Verunglimpfung des "Herrn" im Bild dahinter verstehen konnte ... Machthaber wie er verstehen wenig Spaß.

So unterschiedlich können Meinungen und Interpretationen sein ...

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Thommy,

You have made an interesting point.

My view is that we should not lie when working with historic material. When working with photoshop it is very easy to remove a portrait if you don't like it. My problem is then that the photo tells a different story. The truth is that totalitarian regimes can infiltrate all organizations and there is a danger in pretending that it did not happen.

It would have been a real problem if I had added a portrait that was never there, for whatever reason.

The photoshop photos I have posted so far are not changed, only "improved". In the future I will clearly state if a change has been made to a photo.

I understand that different people have different opinions on this subject.

(Note the extra hook on the portrait making it possible to hang it upside down.)

/Alo

alo41

Zitat von: kielwasser am 03 Mai 2023, 07:11:59

Die Kerze steht auf einer Halterung an der Wand dahinter, der Kandidat hat sich nur günstig für das Foto platziert  :-)

Gruß
Tino

Hi Tino,

You might be right but I think there are a few things indicating it is on his head.

Another photo showing the U-Offizren with an empty candle stick on the wall in the back ground.
And one with the candle being placed on Dr. Neumann's head?
It looks like the light from the candle is going through the glass collar and is reflecting on Christiansen's hair.

I remember doing the cork face painting in Austria many years ago. Can't say if it was new year.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I think this is the four Schnellboot Kommendanten in 8 Sftl.
From left: Seeger, Priebe (what is he doing?), Babel and Merkel. (I will check again when more faces has been cleaned up)

I need to work more on the edges.

The "game" looks like you should make funny faces so that the guy with the candle starts to lafe and dropps the candle. The dice?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Priebe on Adolf Lüderitz. Norway 1942, Semskefjord?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Mai 2023, 00:27:34
Priebe on Adolf Lüderitz. Norway 1942, Semskefjord?
Ja, so gut wie sicher

Zitat von: alo41 am 03 Mai 2023, 21:32:00
From left: Seeger, Priebe (what is he doing?), Babel and Merkel.
Ich würde mir die Identifizierung nicht zutrauen

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

Some more good time for Pribe. Probably in Hageveld (or the officer villa). ~1942/43.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

hm. Was für eine Uniform (?) trägt der Mann am linken Bildrand ?

Gruß, Urs

t-geronimo

@alo41: sehr sehr interessante Fotos!  top

Langsam bin ich gespannt, was da noch so kommt und ob wir dieses Thema als Ü18 deklarieren müssen...XXX...  :-D
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 04 Mai 2023, 23:17:58

hm. Was für eine Uniform (?) trägt der Mann am linken Bildrand ?

Hi Urs,

I think he is a Seekadett and his Laufbahn badge on the arm is a star (or a cog wheel?).

The uniforms of the Offiziersanwärt are very complicated and changed a few times. Here it looks like the Seekadett could have only the star and not any stripes or shoulder boards. Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_and_insignia_of_the_Kriegsmarine.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung