06.10.1943 - Ammiraglio Cagni (CA, N.55)

Begonnen von Darius, 26 Februar 2022, 23:55:12

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Darius

Hallo Platon, hallo zusammen,

Ergänzug zum Lebenslauf von Ammiraglio Cagni (CA, N.55) --/>/>  https://uboat.net/italian_submarines/boats/59

Lt. dem Buch "The Winston Specials", S. 428, lief die Ammiraglio Cagni am 06.10.1943 in Durban ein.

:MG:

Darius

Platon Alexiades

Hello Darius,

The book "Winston Specials" is wrong. Cagni arrived at Durban at 1130 hours on 20th September. I have just added a couple of details on her arrival at Durban. Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Platon

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Darius am 26 Februar 2022, 23:55:12
Lebenslauf von Ammiraglio Cagni (CA, N.55) --/>/>  https://uboat.net/italian_submarines/boats/59
Frage zum 13. April1942 - wo liegt Grid 3850/3 ?  Gibt es eine im Internet verfügbare Karte ?

Platon :MG: top

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Darius

Hi Platon,

thank you for this correction.

Regards

Darius

Platon Alexiades

Hello Urs,

Contrary to the German Naval Grid, the Italian Grid Chart system was changed frequently and few maps appear to have survived. Some are in the MARICOSOM files at the Ufficio Storico and some at the Washington National Archives. It is not always possible to translate the grid unless one can have a Grid Chart of that specific period or find a source which has the position "en clair", usually in the Supermarina Diaries. Unfortunately, in this case the Supermarina Diaries do not seem to refer to that specific sighting. There are several submarine sightings on that day and it is difficult to guess to which one it refers. I would guess that the position is off the Gulf of Taranto. I am leaving the Grid references as is and perhaps a researcher can come up with a solution.

Best regards,

Platon

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung