Kriegsmarine Panzerschiffe : the evolutions

Begonnen von Antonio Bonomi, 15 Januar 2006, 20:59:08

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Antonio Bonomi

'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here a beautiful and very rare photo of Admiral Scheer on  1943-44 period, when she was painted Dark Grey.

They caption the photo as it is the Scharnhorst   :shock:  ... but it is wrong, it  is  the Scheer  :D

http://cgi.ebay.it/Foto-Torpedo-Boot-Soldat-Norwegen-Fjord-Scharnhorst_W0QQitemZ6246473822QQcategoryZ15504QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

...and here another very rare one taken after on 1945 with the light grey camo Scheer had at the end :

http://cgi.ebay.it/SCHWERER-KREUZER-ADMIRAL-SCHEER_W0QQitemZ6244375706QQcategoryZ15504QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

.. of course you can check on my reference schemes and the camouflages should be listed exactly as those photos shows  :D  

Ciao  Antonio  :D
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here the Lutzow camo  '' L '' on my reference table : Operation Rosselsprung  of July 1942.

Taucher

Hello Antonio,  :D

very very nice Pictures  :shock: , think Lützo with this Camo is rare, also undoubtely the Scheer with this special painting !

Best Regards
Leo
Viele Grüße vom Alpenrand
Leo

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Leo and all,

as nobody asked anything I thought that the Panzershiffe camouflages were all well known by the most of the persons.

Anyway, here the camo I have  called  ' M '  for Lutzow on my reference schemes.

The one they painted for Op. Regenbogen probably.

Ciao   Antonio  :D

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Leo and all,

but you asked an Admiral Scheer one......  :wink:

Here the camo I called  ' M ' for Adm Scheer, .. the  Op. Wunderland  on August 1942.

The other Adm Scheer Norway one ( Op. Rosselsprung ) should be well known as many colour photos are available and I made a model too ...
so I can post it very easily.

But maybe nobody as ever seen the 5 different Adm Hipper ones for Norway ...one after the other,.... :shock:  

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

while I hope that you have liked the camouflages examples,  I have a question and request for everybody having  information.

On Lutzow and Admiral Scheer  the flak and radar was of course modified and updated thru their life/career.

I am referring to the  single 20 mm C 30  KM single been substituted with the 20 mm FlakVierlings C38 and later with the 40 mm single on the deck as well as on the  top main turrets ( both Lutzow and Scheer ).

Than there was the utilization on the 20 mm  single C30 Wehrmacht  mounting  on Admiral  Scheer  (  2  of them ).

Admiral Scheer had also the peculiarity of the  platfom been installed  back to the B turret  between the stairs on the quarterdeck were it was first installed the  20 mm C 30  single Wehrmacht mounting and after a 20 mm Flak Vierling C38.

Does anybody have photos of those installations, either  the flak and/or radar  evolutions of those 2 ships.  

I am just finishing my drawings and  of course any addittional information is welcome  :wink: .

For reference here a drawing of the 20 mm single C 30 Wehrmacht mounting.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung