S Boote in Spain 1937

Begonnen von Enrico Cernuschi, 08 Januar 2012, 12:59:15

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Enrico Cernuschi

Happy 2012 gentlemen.

I was reading an excellent (even if a little biased) article

Naval Operations in the Spanish Civil War, 1936–1939. January–February 1984:24–55

http://www.usnwc.edu/NavalWarCollegeReviewArchives/1980s/1984%20January-February.pdf

when I discovered an archive source about the German S Boote mining actvities in Spain: BA - MA PG 33309.

May anyway someone tell me something about those minelaying missions (where, how many mines, which results) ?

Greetings

Enrico  

Enrico Cernuschi

According that same source the Spanish nationalist BB Espana was sunk by a German mine...  :MV:

Enrico

Darius

Hello Enrico,

I have also:
-Tätigkeits- und Erfahrungsberichte Lt. Petzel (regarding etablishment of an S-boat base at Soller, Spain, and assessments of mines anddepth charges), May 1937 - Dec. 1938: PG 80909, NARA roll T1022-3455.

-There are two pages in Hümmelchen, Die deutschen Schnellboote im Zweiten Weltkrieg, p. 12f. But no data about mining-operations.

:MG:

Darius

Enrico Cernuschi

Thank you Darius. Where is Soller and did the Base begun minelaying missions since May 1937?

Enrico

kgvm

Sollér is at the northcoast of Mallorca.

Darius

Hallo Enrico,

sorry, I don´t have any data.

:MG:

Darius

Enrico Cernuschi

Thank you guys, the search goes on.

Enrico

Enrico Cernuschi

Any news gentlemen?

Did the former German S boote laid mines off Malaga on 1937?

Did they really mine the Spanish Atlantic coast causing the loss of the Nationalist BB Espana (with a mere 50 kg charge ?!) ?  :?

Enrico

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung