Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 16 Juni 2023, 22:13:11Four boats, one typ S 38 and one typ S 18. It must be in Holland Belgium or Norway in Jan-April 1942. The typs S 38 boat is probably one of S 69 or S 71 (or S 73, S 74). The typ S 18 could be one of S 19, S 22 or S 24.
Gut möglich : 17.3.1942 - Verlegen von S 71, S 19, S 24 und S 69 (in dieser Reihenfolge) von Helgoland nach Stavanger. Wetter am Morgen des 17.3. : See 2-3, Regen, mittlere Sicht, diesig.
Für eine Verlegungsfahrt spricht, daß die Waffen bei Tageslicht nicht besetzt sind.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, S 69 and S 24 are good candidates. It looks, like you are saying, that the guns are ready but not manned. S 24 has the side MG mounted so it is probebly not training. The S 69 crew also has life jackets on that indicates that it is not training.

Another photo that I think is taken at the same time on S 69.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Hi,

Next photo from the 6 SFtl is from Stavanger, Strandkaien. One typ S 38 boat photographed from a larger boat. Could the large boat be Tsingtau on 17 March (or some days later, the wether looks better?) when 6 Sftl arrived there? The sun is in the east so it is in the morning. When did Tsingtau get to Norway?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 17 Juni 2023, 13:02:54When did Tsingtau get to Norway?
Auslaufen Helgoland-Reede an 21.3.1942 um 0800 Uhr
Einlaufen in Kristiansand Süd am 21.3.1942 um 2300 Uhr
Einlaufen in Stavanger am 22.3.1942 um 1800 Uhr
Quelle: KTB 6. S-Fltl

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Thanks Urs,

The photo is then taken some time between 23 March and 3 April(?) when TT went to Kristiansand.

There are a few more photos that I now understand are from Stavanger.

1. One more taken at the same time as the last on Strandkaien.
2. One bad taken from somewhere high up (on Tsingtau?).

3. A Torpedoboot (T 11 based on the camouflage?). It is probably taken from a typ S 18 boat (S 19 or S 24?). T 11 was with 2 T-BootFlt and the photo is then probaly not from 1 April when 6 Sftl tryed to leave Stavanger with 3 T-BootFtl.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 17 Juni 2023, 19:45:263. A Torpedoboot ... the photo is then probaly not from 1 April when 6 Sftl tryed to leave Stavanger with 3 T-BootFtl.
Nein, sicher nicht, bei Wetterlage Seegang 5, Nebel, Schneetreiben

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

1. This photo is also from Stavanger (I first thought it was Bergen). There were two T-Boote in front of Tsingtau (3 T-BootFtl?). I covered the flag.

2. The typ S 18 boat in front of Kristiansand. It is probebly Tsingtau in front of the Nickelverk that can be sean in the distance below the smoke, 3 April 1942.

3. Tsingtau and the Nickelverk in Kristiansand.

alo41

Hi,

Three more photos Kristiansand photos from the 6 SFtl album.

1. Tsingtau S 19, S 24, S 69 and S 71 to the right. Still some snow in early April 1942.

2. Tsingtau and the Nickelverk jetty. The man to the right is a Geschützfürer Flak II.

3. The tank farm by the Nickelverk. The Jetty is right below the sitting men. Kristiansand to the right.

/Alo

alo41

Hi

I did some more work on the typ S 18 boat in the 6 Sftl album.

It is S 24 with commander Nolte, as Urs indicated. I found a photo taken at the same time in E.J. Bakker's Nolte photo album. The captured french jackets should also be green. It was probebly only the canadian original that was brown.

There were two more low quality S 24 photos in bad wether in the album. One shows S 24 without spare torpedos in what looks like Norway. When could this has happened.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

das in Foto 1 eingesetzte Bild (schwarz-weiß, rechts oben) ist mE kein S 18-Boot, sondern eines mit Brücke hinter dem Steuerhaus (Typ S 38 oder S 54). Man sieht über das dach des Steuerhauses (mit Nieten) auf die offene Brücke

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

I am totaly convinced, it is S 24.
The black and white photo is taken from where the two crew men to the left on the colorized photo are standing. It is possible to verify it in every detail, like the possition of the men, the signal light etc.
It also shows the two "winkerstand", the individual wind screens, the central antenna, all proving a typ S 18.

The album also has photos said to be from Helgoland. Can anyone confirm? I think the block setting crane in the back ground could prove it? I have attached a crane photo said to be Helgoland, West Mole.

What colors should the funnel rings have on the ship whit ice? Is it a Vp-Boot?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Another from Helgoland? Slightly diffrent angle and more background. Ignor the boat in the middle of the photo (behind the "ice" boat). It is partly made up to cover a water mark.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I think the Helgoland photos have been taken from the roof of the Nordsee III bunker. It is possible to se the big tank, the coal storage and the shadow of the harbor crane. S 24 was there 28/2-16/3 1942 (HMA) and was damaged from the ice.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Nolte left S 24 in Kristiansand and continued with his new S 73 north with the rest of 6 SFtl.
They reached Ålesund on 20 April (HMA). It is possible, based on the mountins, to find two Ålesund photos in the album taken from Tsingtau.

The second photo shows also two T-Boote (one is T 11).  The T 11 photo in my post 1849 was then probably also taken from Tsingtau  at this time.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The mountins makes it also possible to identify Svolvär. The 6 Sftl boats (S 71, S 73, S74, S 75) got there on 26 April 1942 (HMA). Was Tsingtau with them then?

Photo 1 shows Tsingtau outside Svolvär (with a Zwilling MG 34 mounted on deck! Why?)
Photo 2 shows one of the Schnellboote through a port hole on Tsingtau.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung