Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

t-geronimo

Sorry, alo41, but I had to remove the picture due to copyright reasons.
There was a big mark on it that it is copyright protected and we have to respect that unless one has the permission of the owner to publish it here.

Thanks for understanding that.  :MG:
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

alo41

OK,
I will put up my own pictures without marks.

Here is a link to the original source. Link: http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675032097_Germans-advance_German-soldiers_launch-torpedoes_against-Allied-ships

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Ernie57

Moin und Hallo.Als begeisterter Schnellbootfahrer und Schnellbootliebhaber würde ich mich gerne an den Antworten beteiligen.Kann aber kein englisch schade..aber die Bilder sind gut :roll: Gruß Ernie

alo41

Ernie,

Sie können alle im Deutsch antworten. Ich kann es verstehen. Schrieben ist für mich ein bischen schveriger.

/Alo

alo41

Zitat von: alo41 am 15 Oktober 2012, 20:05:36

I found some more in Mike Whitley, Deutsche Seestreitkräfte 1939-1945.

The FuMO 81 Berlin S was first installed on S 122 and S 127 for testing in Nov 1944 outside Swinemünde. S 130 and S 701 did also recive this radar. A boat whith Berlin S did lead a convoy in the dark from eastern Baltic in 1945.

The Berlin S boat on the Gelting photo is then S 122 in 3 S-SchuFtl and the boat leading the convoy must have been S 127 in 2 S-SchulFtl.

/Alo

Hi,

I have now got a new book covering the FuMO 81 Berlin radar on Schnellboote.
Fritz Trenkle, Die deutschen Funkmessverfahren bis 1945. It shows the instalation on S 208.

I have also recived Regenbogen über der Geltinger Bucht. It has both the "Niederholung der Flaggen" photos with the correct date, 8 May 1945. The FuMO 81 is in the red ring.

/Alo

@Alo,

ich habe die Photos wegen unklaren Copyrightrechten entfernt. Deutsches Recht gestattet eine Verwendung ohne ausdrückliche Genehmigung des Verlages/Autors nicht.

I think my posting was a clear case of "Zitate" which is allowed in Germany.  Link: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zitat
I understand that this is not my decision and I will follow your rules.

/Alo

SeppU552

Sehr inressant, danke Alo!
Es gibt halt nur drei Schiffsarten: U-Boote, Schnellboote und Ziele.

alo41

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

yes, at least, partially, according to http://www.wlb-stuttgart.de/seekrieg/km/sboot/sfl-frames.htm , see 3rd flottilla, the boat with the sealion (pic 4517006) is S 59, the boat with the nymphe (pic 4516990) is S 61.

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Blinki

Moin Urs,

wenn ich mir die Bilder so ansehe, gehe ich davon aus das die Ausgucks (auf den Fotos oft nur 1?=Signäler?) bei Schlechtwetter genauso im "Schiet" standen wie wir auf den 142ern?
Gruß
Blinki

Urs Heßling

moin, Blinki,

Zitat von: Blinki am 04 Dezember 2012, 08:59:27
wenn ich mir die Bilder so ansehe, gehe ich davon aus das die Ausgucks (auf den Fotos oft nur 1?=Signäler?) bei Schlechtwetter genauso im "Schiet" standen wie wir auf den 142ern?

zumindest der Signäler: mehr !!!  denn er war ein "Winki" und mußte beim Semaphorsignalisieren (hast Du selbst das noch lernen müssen ?) so hoch stehen, daß man seine beiden Signalflaggen auch in der "Schräg-Abwärts-Position" sah, also völlig frei und ohne Wind- und Spritzwasserschutz, wie man auf den Bildern auch gut sehen kann.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Blinki

Nee ich habe das nicht mehr lernen müssen/dürfen. Die Ausbildung war fachlich ehe bescheiden, an Bord wurde ich durch den Kmdt. persönlich während der Werftphase fit gemacht, da es an Bord keinen erfahrenen Signäler gab. Auch in den 70ern gab es Engpässe beim Personal.

alo41

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 November 2012, 16:26:33
Urs,

I also thinks that it is some tactical marking. Is there any record of a similar system to the Luftwaffe being used by the Kriegsmarine for any unit? The normal "V" could also be a part of such a system (Example: one or two "V" with diffrent orientations).
I remember that we tryed to find commanders that could match the "V" (last name for 6 S-Ftl and first or last name for 1 S-Ftl) but failed.

Hi,

I think I have found the system used on the stranded Schnellboot. There was a way to mark the diffrent boats with a symbol on the mast. It was only used during peace time and was probebly removed at the same time as the numbers were painted out.
The system probebly indicated the possition in the marching order. A boat would have had diffrent symbols (possittions) at diffrent times. They were not fixed to one boat.

There is also possition markings on the much phtographed 4 S-Ftl boats Lang and HaJü in 1945. They were marked "5" and "TA" (probebly meaning Tampe, last boat). Maybe there was an order to mark the marching order on the boats in 1945?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Dezember 2012, 20:45:59
I think I have found the system used on the stranded Schnellboot. There was a way to mark the diffrent boats with a symbol on the mast. It was only used during peace time and was probebly removed at the same time as the numbers were painted out.

The words I put in bold letters are IMO the decisive ones.

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 Dezember 2012, 20:45:59
Maybe there was an order to mark the marching order on the boats in 1945?

There might have been in a training squadron. In an operational squadron, IMO, no.

Greetings, Urs

kgvm

"In an operational squadron, IMO, no."
Why not? Are they really more distinctive than badges or letters for the commanders?

Urs Heßling

hi,

the commander`s markings do not signify a marching order (German: taktische Reihenfolge im Verband).

The badges/markings ease the positioning for inexperienced commanders. They are only visible in daylight, while the operational flottillas only attacked at night. That´s why IMO the "TA" Alo mentioned does not signify the "last position" but something else (which I haven´t found out, yet)

Alo´s picture "number" points out the "Rotten"-System.  The boat with a single marking was, probably, the (experienced) "Rottenführer", the boat with the "double marking" the (less experienced) "Rottenknecht". This relationship wasn´t changed from day to day, as it was very important for a group of two (commanding officers) to get accustomed to each other´s reactions to be able to work together without much communication.

greetings, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung