Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

IRON

Hello Arjan,
the think the Antenna feet are clear now, regarding the hatch to the map-room that is correct as well. I recommend to watch the movie: "Asses zur See" on youtube (youtube is currently down, therefore no link) . there you can see this hatch in action when Feldt is asking for the time.

kind regards

Christian

Arjan

Vielen Dank Christian !  :MG:

Gruss,

Arjan

Manfred Heinken

Moin Urs,
das Foto zeigt Kaleu Klose, mit wem ?, auf einer Ostseeerkundungsreise.
Diese Reisen hatten es, so glaube ich wenigstens, in sich.
Eine Quelle kann ich nicht bennenen.

Beste Grüße
Manfred Heinken

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Manfred Heinken am 14 Dezember 2020, 14:47:42
das Foto zeigt Kaleu Klose, mit wem ?,
Konteradmiral a.D. Wagner

auf einer Ostseeerkundungsreise.
nett formuliert  :-D

Diese Reisen hatten es, so glaube ich wenigstens, in sich.
Ja, das kann man so sagen: Gruppe Klose

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Manfred Heinken

Hallo Urs,
hier eine Karte, auch aus meiner Sammlung, von den geheimnisvollen Reisen.
Beste Grüße

Manfred Heinken

alo41

Hi,

I did some work on the 6 Sftl Officers photo. Still a few to ID.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,
sensationell :MG: top  woher hast Du all diese Bilder ?

Dann bleibt für Nr. 3 (erkennbar: Kptlt) nur Witt übrig.

Es scheint eine Unsicherheit bei der Identität von Nr. 13 zu geben. Ich meine da zwei Ärmelstreifen (= Oblt.z.S.) zu sehen. Licht wurde aber erst am 1.1.1944 zum Oberleutnant befördert, als Kptlt Meyering (nicht Meyerling) die Flottille schon verlassen hatte.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

I found a drawing of Oblt Obermaier from 1940. Probebly commander on S 34.

/Alo

alo41

More from the S 113 album in Norway.

Is this Stavanger? There is a R-Boot and a ship being repainted in the back ground on the last photo..

/Alo

Arjan

A question about the S-Boote at the Black Sea (Iwan Baba). Apparently S-47 received its Bofors gun in June 1944 :

01.07.1944 - 31.07.1944   S 47 erhält eine 40-mm Kanone. S 26, S 28, S 40 und S 42 werden nach Sulina in der Donaumündung verlegt, S 52 geht in die Werft, S 131 erhält in Konstanza eine Motorenüberholung

Source :

http://www.s47-jaguar.de/schnellboot_s47_war_II.html

My question is when did the other S-Boote in this theatre receive their Bofors guns, was this also in the summer of 1944 ? If so I take it these boats would no longer have had the round antennas of the radar detection equipment ?

I posted some pics of the S-Boote with a Bofors gun here :

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235083518-135-schnellboot-typ-s-38-rc-conversion/page/2/#comments

Danke voraus.

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Hi,

S 42, S 45 and S 46 had 4 cm guns when they got to the Black sea in mid 1943. Your first photo in the Brittmodeller is one of them. The more details and the other boats can be found in HMA.

https://historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/s_boote/beschreibung.php

/Alo

Arjan

Many thanks ! There does not seem to be any specific info about the dates when the Bofors guns were mounted on S-42 and S-45 but fortunately there is some info about S-46 :

16.09.1942   Einschießen 4 cm-Flak in See
17.09.1942   Einschießen 4 cm-Flak in See

Unfortunately, there is also no mention of when exactly S-47 received its (Panzer) Kalotte.

Gruss,

Arjan

PS

Hello
Is it ok to post a link to a expired auction with photos and documents from a man serving with 3. S-flotille ?
regards
PS

alo41

Posting a link is, as I been told, OK.

/Alo

alo41

Zitat von: Arjan am 17 Dezember 2020, 21:40:00
Many thanks ! There does not seem to be any specific info about the dates when the Bofors guns were mounted on S-42 and S-45

Unfortunately, there is also no mention of when exactly S-47 received its (Panzer) Kalotte.

Hi,

S 42, S 44, S 45 and S 46 all got the Bofors in the overhaul July-Aug. 1942.
S 47 is assumed to have gotten the Kalotte 26 July-16 Sep 1943.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung