Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Urs Heßling

moin,

Waffen säubern
    im Kanalen
nach dem Westen

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Urs Heßling

moin,

ich ziehe einmal die unter "Buchneuheit" 75 x angeschaute Zeichnung des Lt.z.S. Kelm hierher

1. Frage: Was- wo - wann - wer ?
07.01.1943   Verlegen 7. S-Fltl (S 151, S 152, S 153, S 154, S 156, S 157, S 158) von Palermo nach Ferryville

2. Frage: Wer war schon da ?
07.01.1943 - 08.01.1943   Minenunternehmung 3. S-Fltl (S 33, S 55, S 57, S 60, S 61) vor dem Golf von Bone

3. Frage: Wer hat auf dieser Seite unterschrieben ?
Axel von Gernet (S 61)                 Klaus Thomsen (S 156)
Heinz Haag (S 60)                        Otto Bock (Flo-Ing. 7. S-Fltl)
Günter Brauns (S 33)

4. Frage: Welches Boot (mit "H") liegt bei dem "großen" Boot des Typs S 30 längsseits ?

Gruß, Urs

"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Aquarius

Zitat von alo41 am 3.1.2021

Zitat1.
Die friechör soll meine
lib. Mutter ausbew...

Das heisst:
"Die Bilder soll meine lb. (liebe) Mutter aufbewahren."

Aquarius

alo41

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 04 Januar 2021, 11:11:33

4. Frage: Welches Boot (mit "H") liegt bei dem "großen" Boot des Typs S 30 längsseits ?

The typ S 30 is S 61 and the small "H" is S 151.   

Also here: https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,29088.15.html

/Alo

Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Zitat von: Aquarius am 04 Januar 2021, 11:46:27

Das heisst:
"Die Bilder soll meine lb. (liebe) Mutter aufbewahren."

And she did it!

Thanks Aquarius

Two more S 110 photos. I think they show the boat after the Kallote and the new Patin compass has been installed. It is probebly during the transfer from Rotterdam to Wilhelmshaven after she has had temporary repaires from being hit by S 120 (25 Nov-2 Dec 1943).

Im Holländichen
Kanal
nach Deutschland.  (?)

.......  ... Boot   (?)

/Alo

klaushh

Moin!

Ich lese:
1. "Im Holländischen Kanal nach Deutschland"

2. "Unser altes Boot"

Gruß
klaushh

alo41

Thank you,

S 110 was one of the oldest boats in the west in Nov. 1943. She went to the S-BootSchulFtl after she was repaired.

Two photos infront of Orangehotel in Schevening with diffrent text.  Pfingst?

Am Pfin...
vor Hotel

Dienst
beim Winken
...  ... Hotel

Several photos that looks like a school or monestary, probebly in Holland?

Auf dem See...
im  .....

Kiel, Swinemünde or Wilhelmshaven?

Auf Tsingtau
im .....
im Hintergrund
Schnellboote im
seiner Hafen

Sprotte

Nr 4 ist im Kieler Hafen; der typische Kieler Rathausturm ist im Hintergrund deutlich zu erkennen.
Auch im Orchester des Lebens dringt das Blech am meisten durch.

Arjan

Some more questions about the 4cm Bofors gun if you don't mind. According to the Italeri kit instructions S-105 also had a Bofors gun, is this correct and when was it mounted ? It wasn't mentioned by Harald Fock nor by Urs here :

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 21 Dezember 2020, 20:23:58
moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 20 Dezember 2020, 12:56:24
There are not many  typ S 38 boats  with Bofors guns  to begin  with.
Harald Fock nennt mit Stichtag 24.9.1943 folgende Boote mit 4 cm Bofors:
S 29 (Fehler, + 29.3.43), S 39, S 42, S 44 (Fehler, + 25.7.43), S 45-46, S 81-83, S 98-99, S 117
Nach meinen Unterlagen sind hinzuzufügen:
S 93 (Einbau 4 cm 11.8.- 15.9.43), S 129 (i.D. 24.9.43 :-D ) und S 133 (i.D. 31.12.1943)

Die Boote mit 4 cm-Bofors blieben eher "Einzelkämpfer", bis der Chef der 8. S-Fltl, KKpt Zymalkowski, sie ab Februar 1944 in einer Gruppe (S 93, S 99, S 117, S 129, S 133) als "Kanonenboote" auch taktisch geschlossen einsetzte.

Gruß, Urs

The PK film "Asse zur See" contains one frame that shows a Bofors gun on a boat in a bunker, no way of telling if this boat is S-105. S-105's Lebenslauf shows that PK photos/films were made in April and November of 1942.

I wonder if the objects in this pic can be identified. Blue dot : doesn't look like ammo boxes to me (square with what appears to be a circular object on Top). Red dot : what was the purpose of this bundle of ropes ? I have a pic of another boat that shows this bundle in the same position. Yellow dot: what looks like a board, visible in many pics.

Gruss,

Arjan

joern

Hallo,
ich würde bei Nr. 4 folgendes lesen:
Auf Tsingtao= im Vordergrund ein einlaufendes Schnellboot im Kieler Hafen
Grüße Joern

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Arjan am 05 Januar 2021, 10:47:17
... S-105 also had a Bofors gun, is this correct and when was it mounted ? 
Im Lebenslauf von S 105 gibt es bis zum Ende der Einsatzzeit im Westen (Januar 1943) nach Unterlagen keine Werftliegezeit, bei der das Geschütz hätte eingebaut werden können.
Ein Einbau während der Zeit als Ausbildungsboot bei der Schulflottille wäre natürlich noch möglich, ist aber nicht dokumentiert.

Bei den PK-Aufnahme-Fahrten im Herbst 1942 waren die mit 4 cm-Geschütz bewaffneten Boote S 46 und S 83 dabei.

Red dot : what was the purpose of this bundle of ropes ?
Ich nehme an, daß es Festmachertaue sind, die zum Freihalten der Minenschienen und des Decks so aufgehängt wurden.
Gleichzeitig bot diese Methode einen wenn auch nur geringen Splitterschutz.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Some more questions about the 4cm Bofors gun if you don't mind. According to the Italeri kit instructions S-105 also had a Bofors gun, is this correct and when was it mounted ?

The PK film "Asse zur See" contains one frame that shows a Bofors gun on a boat in a bunker, no way of telling if this boat is S-105. S-105's Lebenslauf shows that PK photos/films were made in April and November of 1942.

I wonder if the objects in this pic can be identified. Blue dot : doesn't look like ammo boxes to me (square with what appears to be a circular object on Top). Red dot : what was the purpose of this bundle of ropes ? I have a pic of another boat that shows this bundle in the same position. Yellow dot: what looks like a board, visible in many pics.

Hi Arjan,

I would say that S 105 never had a bofors gun. I think it goes back to a color plate in the new "Schnellboot in action" showing a hart boat with a bofors gun.
Italeri then mixes S 105/S 89 and says it is S 105 with a Bofors gun in 1943. All wrong.

The Bofors boat in the Asse film is S 46 with the skat card Wappen.

The metal box is a water profe amunition box.

The rope was part of the standard equipment and can be seen in diffrent possitions. I assume it is for towing anchoring etc.

I think the "boards" are stacked long mine rails.

Note the Bofors gun "tube" to the right. Spare 4 cm barrel and/or cleaning kit?

/Alo

Arjan

Vielen Dank meine Herren ! On the subject of Splitterschutz mentioned by Urs. I have often wondered why German Schnellboote didn't have the splinter mattresses seen on British MTB's and MGB's. IWM collection :

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

I think the Kriegsmarine had a limited supply of Kapok (grows in the tropics) that the british mattrasses were stuffed with. They probebly got some more in France and started to use Kapok rafts in ~1941 together with the rubber boats (that almost always were full of holes after action) on the Schnellboote.

/Alo

Arjan

Thanks Alo ! Still, what about this pic:  floats or anti shrapnel padding (Splitterschutz)?

Gruss,

Arjan

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung