Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Arjan

Danke Fabian, dein Modell sieht wirklich ganz gut aus ! Nice to see someone posting a build report in the rc model section of this board. I'm certainly going to follow your build. I may also post some pics of my other rc Navy models in this section (PT boats and Vosper MTB).

Gruss,

Arjan

alo41

Hi,

A photo showing the 4 SFtl officers. How many can we name using the HMA?

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

hi, Alo,
Schön, daß Du wieder aktiv bist :MG:  und gutes Foto top aus dem Zeitraum 8/1941- 3/43

6 - Götz Frhr. von Mirbach
8 - Niels Bätge

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi,

Yes, I think Mirbach with DKiG makes it between 10 Nov. 1942 and March 1943. My guess would be that it is from March 1943 when both Bätge and Mirbach left the Flottille. The building looks like Holland.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 Dezember 2021, 20:44:44
My guess would be that it is from March 1943 when both Bätge and Mirbach left the Flottille.
Hilfe

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Thank you Urs.

Here is my best interpretation based on the HMA photos etc. It is not easy to make an ID based on one photo.

1.?
2. Bludau
3. ?
4. Flo. Arzt
5. Dross
6. Mirbach
7. Hilbig
8. Bätge
9. ?
10. Causemann
11. Karcher
12. Meyer
13. Günther
14. Graser
15.?
16. Howaldt?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,
sehr gut :MG: top

Ich hatte überlegt, ob evt. #4 Hilbig ist, da er der Älteste von allen zu sein scheint.

Ich stimme allen zu  :TU:) bis auf 10 = Causemann; da sind die Unterschiede doch recht groß

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

I have mixed up the cuff insignia. Attached is a photo of Bäthge with two Kaptlt. No. 4 to the left and 7 to the right on the photo.

4. is a Verwaltungslaufbahn.
7. looks like it could be Sanitätslaufbahn (not Maschinenlaufbahn)

Hilbig is then probebly be No. 9.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

Another photo from the 4 S-Ftl lot shows a typ S 38 boat with 3 kill penants.

I think it is S 63 with Bätge (looks very blond on the photo). Boat commander Karcher is then partly in the left corner.

S 63 claimed 2500, 2500 and 3000 BRT on 12 Dec. 1942. The photo is probebly taken in the day after (sunlight and a lot of diffrent hats)

Did Bätge lead the attack on 12 Dec from S 63?
Is there a diffrent explanation? Could it be when a boat is returned to Germany?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 Dezember 2021, 12:01:59
4. is a Verwaltungslaufbahn.
Ja

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 Dezember 2021, 15:55:09
S 63 claimed 2500, 2500 and 3000 BRT on 12 Dec. 1942.
S 63 meldete 2 Versenkungen mit je 2500 BRT, die 3000 BRT-Meldung stammt von S 48 (Mirbach)

Did Bätge lead the attack on 12 Dec from S 63?
Nein, Führerboot war S 117, das Boot mit der neuen 4 cm-Waffe, S 63 war "Rottenboot" zu S 117

Is there a different explanation? Could it be when a boat is returned to Germany?
Zumindest eine Möglichkeit ...
Sowohl S 51 (H.J.Meyer) als auch S 52 (Karl Müller) hatten während ihrer Zeit in der 4. S-Fltl drei (bestätigte) Erfolge. Beide Boote wurden Ende Mai 1942 (Sommerwetter) an die Kriegsmarinewerft Wilhelmshaven abgegeben, um dann zur 1. S-Fltl ins Schwarze Meer zu wechseln.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Thank you Urs,

It is probebly not S 63. The boat has the full front wind screen, not the more common in sections. It also has the peil loop antenna.

The S 63 has the section wind screen. I have found that S 78 and S 122 had the full screen. I will have to work some more on this.

Another of the lot photos shows Karcher with RK, Seemann No1 with DKiG and Leitende with DKiG or a Spanienkreuz. Which boat crew could it be? When?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 31 Dezember 2021, 15:10:47
I have found that S 78 and S 122 had the full screen.
Evt. S 78 im August 1943 beim Verlegungsmarsch durch den Kanal nach Westen in Richtung Spanien ? (mit evt. ehemaligen Besatzungsmitgliedern an Bord ?) Dann würden die Strohhüte einen (humoristischen) "Sinn" ergeben

Zitat von: alo41 am 31 Dezember 2021, 15:10:47
Another of the lot photos shows Karcher with RK, Seemann No1 with DKiG and Leitende with DKiG or a Spanienkreuz. Which boat crew could it be? When?
S 188 bei Indienststellung ?

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

Yes, there might be an S 78 connection. There were two portrait photos (of the owner?) in the lot. I have tried to find him on the Karcher group photo. He coud be at the x but I am not sure. One of the portraits were taken in Bourdoux were S 78 were delivered to Spain.

I had a second look at the victory pennant boat photo. I am now sure it shows Mirbach and not Bätge. Mirbach has a strange combination with dark hair and blond eyebrows. The photo is then probebly taken on 23 Aug. 1942 when S 48 entered Kiel.

Thanks for all the help.
Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Alo,

Zitat von: alo41 am 01 Januar 2022, 13:16:12
I had a second look at the victory pennant boat photo. I am now sure it shows Mirbach and not Bätge. Mirbach has a strange combination with dark hair and blond eyebrows. The photo is then probebly taken on 23 Aug. 1942 when S 48 entered Kiel.
Wenn es wirklich von Mirbach sein sollte, unterstützt das die mögliche S 78-These

S 78 gehörte beim Verlegen durch den Kanal in Richtung Westen mit Ziel Spanien offiziell zur 9. S-Fltl und Mirbach war deren Flottillenchef und könnte in dieser Eigenschaft an Bord gewesen sein.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

There are photos of a (new?) Kalotte boat at the Lürssen yard in the lot. It is summer and they have the late 3,7 cm gun. I think it is one of S 201-S 205 in summer 1944.

I can not see a clear line on how the diffrent photos are connected in the lot (except all are probebly from 4 SFtl).

Did the crews shift between the boats?

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung