Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi,

I reread the  the 2 Sftl diary that also covers Dec 1943-Jan 1944 period. Link: https://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/sonstiges/berichte/joern_hilmar_schneider.php
I think (if the man is Feldt) that there are two possible dates when Feldt did not carry his RK.

13 Dec 1943. If he lent it to Müller. It fits with 6 Sftl being there and the DKiG man is then Obermaier. The 8 Sftl was in Amsterdam that day. The diary says that the navigation class was skipped and that they had sport instead (teaching officer celebrating?).

or

31 Jan 1944. Feldt left his RK with the Flottille. The DKiG man is then probably Holzapfel (hair looks more like him).

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Hi,

More from Hageveld 24. Not the lamp post.
It is Priebe and Klose. I think it must be a photo taken by PK (same as the Priebe / Johannsen photo?)
I have no idea why the photo was sold as Hannes Wrangel..

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 Januar 2022, 15:24:42
31 Jan 1944. Feldt left his RK with the Flottille. The DKiG man is then probably Holzapfel
Ja, wenn Du mit DKiG-Mann den links neben Müller meinst.

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Yes Urs, the photo is then probably from 31 Jan 1944.

There are more photos from the Priebe lot when he joined 2 Sftl.

It is Hageveld and probably the house that the officers used. I have not been able to find it. Anyone?
It was a very nice accommodation based on what I think is Priebe's room. Note the Norwegian picture on the wall.
They also have a visit from three ladies and are in civilian clothes. (looks like Priebe, Howaldt...). What were the rules about the clothes?
The calendar on the wall looks like it has a red Tuesday. It is then Easter week 1943 (20 April was red as Hitler's birthday)

Who is Lemann on the Priebe, Klose, Feldt photo?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

bei dem Bild mit der Gruppe an dem draußen stehenden Tisch meine ich H.V.Howaldt zu erkennen, in der Mitte der stehenden Personen (zwischen "v" und "a")

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Urs,

Yes, I think so too. Howaldt, Priebe, Johannsen.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The mysterious Lemann must be Obltn. Lemm (S 29). He was killed on 29 March 1943. Feldt became KKpt on 1 March 1943. The photo must then be from March 1943.
The only thing on the photo that can ID him is the lack of earlobes.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 Januar 2022, 11:08:23
The only thing on the photo that can ID him is the lack of earlobes.
... und die fehlenden Haare

Noch einmal : tolle Photos, und herzlichen Dank :MG: top für`s Teilen

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

Another Feldt photo (March 1943 or later). The file is named Lützow (cant remember where I found it).

Is it KKpt Werner Lützow?
What is he wearing? The closest medal I could find is 10 year NSDAP cross. Or is it some kind of joke?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 Januar 2022, 14:05:42
Is it KKpt Werner Lützow?
So viel ich weiß, ja

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 Januar 2022, 14:05:42
What is he wearing?  Or is it some kind of joke?
Ich weiß es auch nicht. Ich habe mich das auch schon gefragt

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

Another "Lützow" mystery.

What and where was "Stützpunkt Lützow"? It looks like eastern Europe (or ..Norway?). Note the S-boat badge above the gate.

Several identical photos (postcards?) were sold with a 3 SFtl lot.

Was it named after Werner Lützow, his father, the ship or maybe a Kasserne?

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

There is a lot of S 67 (plastic Kalotte) photos.
I am confused on how this boat was rebuilt.

HMA say that a first "panzerung" was done Oct. 1942 in Kiel. A second "panzerung" (Steel Kalotte?) was done in July 1943 in Rotterdam. Is there any more details? I think the first was done by just adding steel plates on the plastic Kalotte.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 02 Februar 2022, 17:09:14
Is there any more details?
Leider nein
Original KTB Maschine (2.10.1942) besagt nur "Gleichzeitig Änderungen an der Brücke"

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Thanks Urs,

Should I understand it that they did not ad any armor at that time (Oct 1942)? It would explain why photos with the FuMG (added in Nov. 1942) still have what looks like a modified original plastic Kalotte.

I have added a photo with what I think is Zymalkowski on S 67, Nov 1942. The FuMG is in a white bag behind the Kalotte. It could be his farewell to the S 67 crew.

The other two photos might be Zymalkowski with the S 67 Bordehund but I am not sure. Could it be his replacement from Dec 1942 Richter? Note new MG 34 Zwilling. The FuMG is uncovered.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 03 Februar 2022, 14:16:54
Should I understand it that they did not ad any armor at that time (Oct 1942)?
Ich weiß es leider nicht und muß evt. HMA umformulieren

I have added a photo with what I think is Zymalkowski on S 67, Nov 1942. The FuMG is in a white bag behind the Kalotte. It could be his farewell to the S 67 crew.
Ja

The other two photos might be Zymalkowski with the S 67 Bordehund but I am not sure. Could it be his replacement from Dec 1942 Richter? Note new MG 34 Zwilling. The FuMG is uncovered.
Meiner Meinung nach ist es nicht Zymalkowski. Leider habe ich kein Richter-Foto zum Vergleich.

Gruß, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung