Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi,

Next "Asse" boat is S 70, commander Klose, Wappen "Kreuz" with bar.

/Alo

Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin, Ola,

Zitat von: alo41 am 16 Februar 2022, 17:34:56
Seemann No.1 has the number "13" on his cap
"Seemännische Nr. 1" ist ein Unteroffizier, der in Abwesenheit des Kommandanten von der Brücke auch als Wachoffizier und gelegentlich auch als Torpedoschütze fungierte. Einige von ihnen stiegen zu Bootskommandanten auf
Beispiele sind Borkenhagen und Theenhausen

Die "13" könnte auch keine Zahl, sondern eines der Wappen sein ...

:MG: :TU:) für die Aufnahmen und die Analyse !

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi,

It is possible to find the Nr. 1 also when S 62 was with Opdenhoff before the "Asse" Wappen were used. The S 62 carton can be seen also on the photo with S 67, spring 1942.

/Alo

PS

Hello
Added two pictures from Bergen, most likely taken in 1942/43/44. One of the boats of the KSV at a small wharf in Bergen.
Dont know what boat it is, but it have to be one of eiter S-10, S-11, S-13, S-15 or S-16. I wonder if it could be S-13.
The man in the left of the picture i think is a obermaschinist(?) The officer in the right of the picture could solve my problem identifying the boat at the wharf.
Any suggestions ?

alo41

Hi,

The main clue is the "cage" type WABO rack. I think this was used on only one boat, typ S 10. There were (are?) many photos of it at the Krigsbilder site.     http://krigsbilder.net/coppermine/index.php?cat=77
It looks like the boat is up gunned with an additional 3,7 cm gun etc. It also has the later dark camouflage. My "up gunned" photos are probably from another boat.

I have found a S 9 photo with the "cage" WABO.

/Alo

PS

Hello
Thank you, your info is noted :-)
Added part of two photos, firstfrom the base of KSV Westküste. The racks and the extra 3,7 cm gun can be seen. The boat on the pontoon is towed to a hebewerk. Thoght it was the same boat as the other photo, but the bridge looks different. Picture to bad to see details.
regards
PS

alo41

Hi,

I have looked through all TigerFtl photos I could find with a magnifying glass. The S 10, S 11; S 12 and S 13 are all a little different.

If we assume Hümmelchens photo of S 10, S 11, S 13 and S 15/S16 and the one with S 13 is correctly labeled then the boats can be identified. There is still room for a lot of mistakes.

The cage WABO rack is used by at least two typ S 10 boats (and S 9 and S 14). I think these boats are S 11 and S 13.

The IMG034 and the Heveverk is boat S 13.

The Tigerbucht is S 12.

My working boat names are Tuss = S 12, Kbild = S 11

/Alo

PS

Hello
Thank you Alo for helping me with these pictures :-)
regards
PS

alo41

Hi,

There are two photos on Schnellboot "Kbild". I think it is Admiral Schrader on S 11? Who is the other officer? Where could it be? Is it a "Admiral" flag?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 20 Februar 2022, 14:23:16
I have looked through all TigerFtl photos I could find with a magnifying glass.
zu Bild "Tiger paint" - im Anhang die "Horizontalsicht"

Zitat von: alo41 am 23 Februar 2022, 10:43:31
Is it a "Admiral" flag?
welche Flagge ?

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

joern

Na Urs dir entgeht doch sonst nicht das kleinste Detail.
Ich denke es ist die Admiralsflagge.
Grüße Joern

Urs Heßling

moin, Joern,

Zitat von: joern am 23 Februar 2022, 17:47:13
Ich denke es ist die Admiralsflagge
Ja :TU:)

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Thank you all,

It could then be that the admiral is photographed on one of his trips with S 11 July-Sep 1943 that are described in HMA (or another trip done in the documentation gaps).

There are some more good Tiger boat photos here: http://www.foerderverein-museums-schnellboot.de/s-boote/kriegsmarine/kriegsschaupl/norwegen1940.htm I didn't find it at first because it is under Norway 1940.

Attached is another Krigsbilder photo. I think it is S 11 with the flag painted on the roof. I didn't know that it was done as late as 1942.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I have been looking at a series of photos from Siefried Treu. The photos are from S 20 in 1940 with von Mirbach as commander.

First out is S 20 in Cherbourg. It is taken sometime between 3 July and 12 Oct 1940. It was published as a mirror image.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

The 1. SFtl went from Cherbourg to Boulogne to get mines on 24 Aug. 1940. This trip is well covered by KB Böltz on S 26.

The boats were S 18, S 20, (S 21), S 25, S 26 and S 27.
S 21 had to turn back to Cherbourg after technical problems.
It looks like S 20 (only boat with the big round "Mickey Mouse" ventilators on the trip) was boat number 4 (probably after S 21 left?) and was photographed from boat number 5, S 26.
Note the absence of WABO racks and that it was possible to be in the channel in day light during the Battle of Britain.

Do anyone know the tactical order of the boats on this mission?

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung