Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Thanks PS,

There is only one building left standing today on the photo you linked to.

There are at least two rolls of film showing 1 SSchulFtl in Oslo, March 1944.
The boats are marked "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "K", "L" and "R".
HMA has them as S 50, S 82, S 95, S 103, S 105, S 109, S 118 and S 123.

The film rolls shows the boats in Oslo taking on visitors. The camera man goes on the "E" boat with Norwegian police soldiers(?). After a trip they go back to Oslo and clean the boats.

I have tried to sort the boats out before but not getting it right. I think now with HMA and all the photos it is possible get it right

E must be S 50 based on the removed armor plating. See photo with attachment points.
F must be S 109 based on the typ S 100 Kalotte.
D must be S 82 based on the Bofors gun.
H is S 95 based an the armor plates and no zwilling MG
L is S 105 based on Winkerstand details
G is S 123 based on the single rear window and armor plate
K is probably S 103 based on old details
R is then S 118

/Alo

Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 10 Juli 2022, 16:55:19
E must be S 50 based on the removed armor plating. See photo with attachment points.
F must be S 109 based on the typ S 100 Kalotte.
D must be S 82 based on the Bofors gun.
H is S 95 based an the armor plates and no zwilling MG
L is S 105 based on Winkerstand details
G is S 123 based on the single rear window and armor plate
K is probably S 103 based on old details
R is then S 118
Sehr gut :MG: top

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

PS

Zitatwith Norwegian police soldiers(?)
Not police. From the NS, "Hird" uniforms.
regards
PS

alo41

Thank you PS.

Great photos.
The third photo "e bat eldre typ" is probably taken at the same time as my center photo (Tiger Ftl paint) in post #1410 this tread. Link:https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,18105.1395.html

Is anything know about the marking B 11, B 12 and B 13 on the second photo?

The E 2 marking on the first photo is explained as S 302 here. Link: http://www.foerderverein-museums-schnellboot.de/s-boote/norwegische-marine/sboote-norwegen.htm

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 12 Juli 2022, 10:51:58
The E 2 marking on the first photo is explained as S 302 here. Link: http://www.foerderverein-museums-schnellboot.de/s-boote/norwegische-marine/sboote-norwegen.htm
Nach meinen Informationen war es S 303
In der im Link aufgeführten Liste ist S 27 (+ 5.9.1942 SM) zu streichen

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes I agree.
Sven Storegaard writes in "Tyske S-Boote i sövärnets tjenste 1947-66" that E1 was S 302 and E2 was S 303.
The S 27 is probably a mix up with S 21 that is already in the list.

There is also a "B 91" marked boat said to be S 302 on the Förderverein web page.

You ought to tell Kalle S.

/Alo

PS

Hello
ZitatIs anything know about the marking B 11, B 12 and B 13 on the second photo?
I have not much to add, but there is something mentioned at this norwegian site:https://www.sjohistorie.no/no/skip/541950/default
ZitatAfter the war, the Navy took over 15 of these boats as booty. 9 of these were restored and used.
In the Navy, they were given the prefix B in front of the pennant number.
In 1950, all were deleted from the fleet list, and 6 of these were later transferred to the Danish Navy.
regards
PS

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 12 Juli 2022, 14:57:19
You ought to tell Kalle S.
Schon gemacht.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

The Norwegian numbers are then a bit unclear. It looks like S 195 has a foot rest on the side of the Kalotte. The S 302/303 boats has a handle.

My speculations:
Three 8 SFtl boats (S 195, S 302 and S 303) that capitulated in Norway were left there (to be used by the Allied forces like in Bremerhaven?). All other boat were taken to Wilhelmshaven for the split between the Allies. The E1-3 was then an Allied marking (E-boat 1-3?). The Norwegian B 1-10 marking was probably used by the 10 Fairmile D boats. The E 1-3 boats were then renumbered to B 11-13. The rest of the Schnellboote probably also got B numbers (B 14-25?). It looks like the B 91 boat has the same foot rest as S 195. It is probably not S 302. Could be the spare part boat S 196 (or a renamed S 195?).

S 195   E 3   B 11
S 302   E 1   B 12/13
S 303   E 2   B 13/12

S 196   -      B 91                    Link B 91 Schnellboot: http://www.foerderverein-museums-schnellboot.de/s-boote/norwegische-marine/blink-klasse.htm

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin, Ola,

gut spekuliert :TU:) aber es bleiben Fragen ... die wir vielleicht nicht mehr beantwortet können.

Zitat von: alo41 am 13 Juli 2022, 09:34:39
Link B 91 Schnellboot: http://www.foerderverein-museums-schnellboot.de/s-boote/norwegische-marine/blink-klasse.htm
Tja.
1.) Die obere Skizze "S 38" stimmt natürlich nicht, da sie wie die untere (sie sind gleich) ein Boot der Serie S 100 zeigt.
S 38 -Boote mit nachgerüsteter Kalotte hatten einen rechtwinkligen Übergang zum Deck
(wie oft habe ich das eigentlich schon geschrieben ??  :x )

2.) Der Kriegsverlust S 27 (+ 5.9.1942 SM) ist auch hier aus der Liste zu streichen

3.) Textdifferenz : Strandeten Kvikk und Snar nun im Winter 45/46 oder im Winter 48/49 ?

4.) Link-Text : Da S 98 ein Boot der Serie S 38 und S 210 ein Boot der Serie S 100 war, müßte man an den beim Tauchen gefundenen Kalotten eigentlich einen Unterschied (siehe Punkt 1 oben) feststellen können ...

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

The faulty S 38b (nachgerüsteter Kalotte) information probably originates from the first edition of "Schnellboot in action" booklet. It is corrected in the updated version.

I had a look at the last of the digitalmuseum photo. I first thought it might be the "M" boat in 1 S-SchulFtl but it is not. The "M" looking shape that can be seen is just a window with something white in front of it.
The split middle front wind screen is typical for the Lürssen boats around ~S 75. This makes it probably one of the 6 SFtl boats (S 69, S 71 S 73-76) in Norway 1942.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: PS am 10 Juli 2022, 23:45:32
https://digitaltmuseum.no/021018891904/motiv-e-bater-langs-kai-ved-marineholmen/media?slide=0
Wenn ich es richtig sehe, ist "B 12" ein Boot vom Typ "S 38" (mit nachgerüsteter Kalotte), "B 11" und "B 13" vom Typ "S 100"

Zitat von: PS am 10 Juli 2022, 23:45:32
https://digitaltmuseum.no/021018891903/motiv-e-bat-eldre-type-ved-kai-marineholmen/media?slide=0
Das sind zwei Boote mit nachgerüsteten 37 mm (?)-Geschützen

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes I think you are right. B 12 is probably a S 38b. I first thought it was just the dodgers and the hull that was painted in the same color. The air intakes and the length of the wheel house are also different.

Yes, the two typ S 10 boat are up gunned with the old 3,7 cm guns. You can also se the Zwilling MG on the front deck.

/Alo 

Urs Heßling

moin, Ola,

Zitat von: alo41 am 13 Juli 2022, 13:15:39
The faulty S 38b (nachgerüsteter Kalotte) information ...
Zitat von: alo41 am 13 Juli 2022, 16:00:57
Yes I think you are right. B 12 is probably a S 38b.
Diese Bezeichnung gab es in der Kriegsmarine nicht :SO/(

Es ist eine von Modellbauern eingeführte Bezeichnung für S 38-Boote mit nachgerüsteter Kalotte, und sie ist in Literatur und Internet leider weit verbreitet :x

Gruß, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung