Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, S 110, S 120 and S 122 are good candidates. They al went from 4 Sftl (Panter) to 2 S-SchulFtl (Numbers) in early 1944. S 48 also fits with these boats.

Flakkreutzer Undine were supposed to protect Pennemünde between Sep 1943- Nov 1944. Could it be Pennemünde?

I found another photo of Schnellboot No 2. To little details to be of any help.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

SchlPr11

Hallo,
UNDINE liegt am Kai FdZ-Gelände Osternothafen gegenüber Swinemünde - also am Zerstörerstützpunkt mit den zu erkennenden Gebäuden. Hier Tender JAGD etwas weiter Südlich. Rechts Gegengewicht DEMAG-Schwimmkran 350 t aus Gotenhafen, dort am 29.03.1945 mit eigener Kraft abgelaufen. 14.04.1945 Luftbild erfaßt, da aber schon hinterm Eichstaden Swinemünde liegend. Schätze diese Aufnahme etwa auf Anfang April 1945 nach Ankunft auf der Swine. bei rund 6 kn Reisegeschwindigkeit kann der Nautiker sicherlich ein Datum für die Bewältigung der Distanz Hela-Swinemünde abschätzen...
Hier die 2 etwas besser und zu unterscheiden von den Schwestern. Name des Tankers wird noch gesucht. Aufnahme 1944/45 Steganlage hinterm Eichstaden, Stammliegeplatz SchulFlo.
REINHARD

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: SchlPr11 am 03 März 2023, 17:40:56
bei rund 6 kn Reisegeschwindigkeit kann der Nautiker sicherlich ein Datum für die Bewältigung der Distanz Hela-Swinemünde abschätzen...
das sind knapp 200 sm = 33 Stunden

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

SchlPr11

Danke Urs
- nochmals nachgelesen - der Kran ging in 40 stündiger Fahrt nach Saßnitz auf Reede und gab dort an Deck genommene Barkassen von Bord, danach dann augenscheinlich rüber nach Swinemünde gelaufen.
Zeitlich könnte es sich so darstellen - ab Hela 29.03.1945 morgens mit rund 18 Stunden in See, dazu der 30.03.1945 22 Stunden spät abends Saßnitz. 31.03.1945 bis Mittag gelöscht und gegen Abend in Swinemünde, würde bedeuten Foto JAGD könnte frühesten vom 01.04.1945 stammen...
REINHARD

Urs Heßling

moin, Reinhard,

Zitat von: SchlPr11 am 04 März 2023, 12:01:07
Kran ging in 40 stündiger Fahrt nach Saßnitz auf Reede und gab dort an Deck genommene Barkassen von Bord, danach dann augenscheinlich rüber nach Swinemünde gelaufen.
Zeitlich könnte es sich so darstellen - ab Hela 29.03.1945 morgens mit rund 18 Stunden in See, dazu der 30.03.1945 22 Stunden spät abends Saßnitz.
Ja. Die Strecke Hela - Saßnitz Reede auf dem geräumten Küstenzwangsweg beträgt etwa 220 sm, d.h. 40 Stunden Fahrt mit 5,5 kn oder "irgendwo" einige Stunden warten auf eine "Minenfrei"-Meldung

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi,

I am trying to sort out the 2 S-SchulFtl boats using Urs data in HMA. I assume they had the "number" boats as 1 S-SchulFtl had the "letter" boats

I have seen photos of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12. Reinhards Swinemünde photo shows 3 and 8 as Typ S 38 with panzerung. Number 12 at the Schlichting yard is the same.
S 110 and S 83 were typ S 38. All the rest are Kalotte boats, S 69 is unknown.

The Kalotte No 2 Panther boat is one of S 48, S 120 or S 122.
The No 3, No 8  and No 12 are S 83, S 110 and S 69(?) in some order.

I have found 12 2 S-SchulFtl boats in HMA. Have I missed any? I am most interested in the boats in Jan/Feb 1944 and summer 1944.

Did S 69 ever get a Kalotte?

Thank you Reinhard for explaining the Undine position. I have been trying a long time.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 März 2023, 16:50:44
I have seen photos of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 12. Reinhards Swinemünde photo shows 3 and 8 as Typ S 38 with panzerung
Ich bin jetzt verwirrt.
Die Boote 3 und 8 in Reinhards Foto haben doch die "normale" S 38-Brücke" ?
Eine Kalotte sehe ich auf den Booten 1 (ganz rechts), 2, 6 und dem neben ("hinter") Boot 6 liegenden Boot (Nummer verdeckt)

Zitat von: alo41 am 04 März 2023, 16:50:44
Did S 69 ever get a Kalotte?
Ich habe dazu keine Unterlagen.
Ich nehme an, daß die Antwort "ja" ist, weil auf dem zur Zeit der Instandsetzung in Kiel (Juni-August 1943) der Flottille neu zulaufenden Boot S 93 eine Kalotte eingebaut wurde

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

The S 110 and S 83 gets "Brückenpanzerung" in HMA. This is extra armour plates bolted to the standard typ S 38 Brücke. It can be difficult to see it. I think this is what No 3 and No 8 boat have.

Attached photos of S 63 with Brückenpanzerung (21 Aug 1942..)

I would like to find one more Brückenpanzerung 2 S-SchulFtl boat. The 2 S-SchulFtl recived  S 110, S 120, S 122, S 48, S 69, S 64, S 76, S 81, S 135, S 117, S 83 and S 99. from dec 1943 to Oct 1944. Were there more boats?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

mit Panzerkalotte :
S 76 (Einbau im März 1943)
S 99 (Einbau im Juni/Juli 1943)
S 117 (Kalotten-Nachbesserungen im Juni 1943)

Bei S 81 besteht wegen Werftliegezeit bei Lürssen im Juli 1943 (!) eine gewisse Wahrscheinlichkeit eines Kalotteneinbaus.

Hatte S 135 (in der Lürssen-Werft nach S 100 auf Kiel gelegt) nicht schon eine Original-Kalotte ?

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, all Lürssen boats after S 100 had the Kalotte. All Schlichting boats from S 127 were also built with Kalotte.

HMA says S 81 got the Kalotte in Aug. 1943.

I have a problem with the No. 12 boat. There are three Typ S 38 with Panzerung (3, 8 and 12). I can only find two in HMA (S 83 and S 110).
Were there more boats in 2 SSchulFtl.

/Alo

alo41

Hi,

I found that we have already discussed the S-SchulFtl boats and that Urs has given the boats in 2 S-SchulFtl for August 1944.  Link: https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,18105.555.html

I think we know more now but it is still unclear.
I have a problem with S 25 and 2 S-SchulFtl. HMA says S 25 joined 2 S-SculFtl 15 Dec 1943 and that she was handed over by 1 S-SchulFtl to 3 S-SchulFtl on 15 July.

Is this one of the very rare mistakes in HMA? Or did she go over from 2 to 1 S-SchulFtl at some point?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 06 März 2023, 20:02:57
I have a problem with S 25 and 2 S-SchulFtl. HMA says S 25 joined 2 S-SculFtl 15 Dec 1943 and that she was handed over by 1 S-SchulFtl to 3 S-SchulFtl on 15 July.

Is this one of the very rare mistakes in HMA? Or did she go over from 2 to 1 S-SchulFtl at some point?
Danke für die Blumen mit "very rare mistakes"  :O/Y
... und ja, es ist ein (simpler Tipp-) Fehler :embarassed:  wird korrigiert :MG:

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

I now have an idea on how the 2 S-SchulFtl boats were numbered. It is all based on photos and the information in HMA.

First the 2 S-SchulFtl is formed in Dec 1943 and starts to receive training boats. They introduce a numbering system (1 to 12) when they have received 12 boats in Feb 1944. The No. 2 "panther" and the No. 12 boat with Panzerung are a part of this system.

They will then transfer with 8 boats to Oslo to do the last part of the training and prevent any invasion in Norway between ~June-Sep 1944. They did then renumber the boats (1 to 8 ). The No. 3 and 8 boats are a part of this later system.

This has been the only explanation I have been able to come up with to explain what can be seen on the photos.
Examples: There is both a typ S 38 and a Kalotte boat with No. 4. The last boat S 64 with No. 1. and one of the first boats S 110 with No. 12. etc.

I am very interested in more photos that shows details on the different boats to be able to get the individual numbering right.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Bornholm-Foto :
- könnte das achtern eine Bofors 40 mm sein ?
- ein interessantes Schiff weit entfernt am Horizont ...

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, the gun looks strange. It is S 64 (based on the pollards by the red arrows). There is nothing in HMA indicating a strange gun. I think it is a 2 cm Zwilling C/38. The two barrels looks like one thick. One other boat (S 76) had this gun as well in 2 SSchulFtl.

/Alo

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung