Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

MarkusL

Hallo,
sehr schönes Bild eines der 180 oder 200t Dockpontons in Aktion.
Aus 2. WK derzeit, für mich, das einzige bekannte.
Danke für die Präsentation.
Gruß
Markus

alo41

Hi,

I have gone through the typ S 14, typ S 30 and S 201 and S 202 in HMA to try to see when they could have been in Wilhelmshaven together.

The typ S 14 boats were rebuilt in Wilhelmshaven until 22 July 1940 and were back on 25 Jan 1941.
The typ S 30 had three boats with larger damage being repaired in Wilhelmshaven. S 31: 19/8-40..16/2-41, S 33: 10/5-40..1/9 and S 35: 28/8-40..1/4-41.
S 201 came to Wilhelmshaven on 27/8-40.

It looks like the typ S 30 boat in the dock is having the air intake behind the wheel house on BB side. If so, then it is S 31.

S 201 and S 31 could then be in Wilhelmshaven together after 27 Aug 1940. The Schneller U-Jagd-Gruppe with S 9, S 14 and S 16 must then have remained in Wilhelmshaven after the rebuild (maybe waiting for S 15 in Lürssen werft?).

It could also be after 25 Jan 1941 when Schneller U-Jagd-Gruppe came back and before S 31 left in Feb. Wouldn't there be ice in Jan/Feb?

My best guess: It is S 31, S 201 and S 14 in late August or early September 1940.

Do anyone have more information on where Schneller U-Jagd-Gruppe were in 1940?

Added one more photo of a Schneller U-jagd-Gruppe boat. I think it is another boat compared to the first photo.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

alo41

Hi,

I am trying to learn Photoshop Elements and has started to practise.

Here is Oblt Priebe with S 46 in Norway 1942.

Do anyone know more about his cap. It is probably from his training time in Mürwik.

I found other photos of similar caps here in the forum. They are from Collection NL. I can't find the original post any more.

What colors were used (I have only guessed green)? Are the different caps for different boats or diffrent years?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 April 2023, 18:21:54
Do anyone know more about his cap. It is probably from his training time in Mürwik
Versuch einer logischen Erklärung :
Es ist möglich, daß sie von der vorhergehenden Zeit auf dem Segelschulschiff stammen.

Dort wurden die in zwei (I. und II.) Divisionen aufgeteilten Kadetten auch in vier Segel-Wachen eingeteilt, genannt Backbord I und II und Steuerbord I und II

Entsprechend könnten die Mützen mit rotem (für Backbord) oder grünem (für Steuerbord) Rand oder Füllung gewebt gewesen sein; Rand oder Füllung als Kennzeichen für I. oder II. Division

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Urs,
Yes, a very good  explanation, thank you.
Is the system still in place?

Was then Priebe red or green?

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 April 2023, 21:03:38
Is the system still in place?
AFAIK ja

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 April 2023, 21:03:38
Was then Priebe red or green?
Ich sehe grün auf dem Farbfoto

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Hi Urs,

It is not a real color photo. I have made it in Photoshop and only guessed that the cap was green (lucky).

Here is the other guy on the bridge (with the back to Priebe). I still have a lot to learn, only got the program last week.

/Alo

alo41

Hi

A first try on the Priebe/Wrampe photo in front of Hageveld. Urs's photos of the house shows that I need to work more on the sand stone color.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 April 2023, 01:26:57
Here is the other guy on the bridge
so eine schöne warme Jacke hätte ich als Wachoffizier und später Kommandant auf der offenen Brücke auch gerne gehabt.  Neudeutsch : cool 8-)

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,
Here we have Priebe enying a cigarett in the Norwegian sun, May 1942. S 46 is now camouflaged both inside the bridge and on the outside.

I think the "thing" in front of him is the probably the pillar for the torpedo sight.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 April 2023, 18:41:24
Here we have Priebe enying a cigarett in the Norwegian sun, May 1942.
Bist Du Dir sicher bezüglich des Datums ?
Bei den Einsätzen im Mai 1942 herrschte Schlechtwetter, das zum Abbruch von zwei Unternehmen führte.
11.05.1942   U-Boot-Sicherung für neues eingetroffenes Schnellboot-Begleitschiff ,,Tanga" wegen Schlechtwetter abgebrochen
16.05.1942   Transportfahrt (S 42, S 44, S 45, S 46) mit Wasserbomben für UJ 1104 und UJ 1108 bei der Verfolgung des sowj. U-Boots M-172, wegen Seegangs ist aber eine Übergabe unmöglich, Legen von Nebelwänden für die U-Jäger zum Schutz vor sowj. Küstenartillerie auf der Fischer-Halbinsel
17.05.1942 - 31.05.1942   Kein Einsatz wegen Wetterlage

Hier geht es eher "gemütlich" zu und Priebe trägt seine "Ausgeh-Uniform" (kein "Einsatz")

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi,

I think the photo is from 22 May. They were celebrating S 46 first year. The snow had almost melted away at that time and the boats were painted in a dark color.
The unmouted torpedo sight is also an indication that they are not on a mission.

Note Priebe's lucky gold painted grenade splinter on the horn.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 01 Mai 2023, 01:55:17
I think the photo is from 22 May.
aus dem Lebenslauf :
22.05.1942 - 26.05.1942   Instandsetzung des Ruders in Kirkenes auf dem Slip

Dann könnte das Foto beim Verlegen vom Liegeplatz im Semskefjord nach Kirkenes entstanden sein.

Gruß, Urs

alo41

Hi Urs,

Yes, and here we got S 46 on the slip way in Kirkenes.

/Alo

Urs Heßling

moin,
wieder einmal Danke fürs Einstellen :MG: top

Gruß, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung