Article on Enigma and the birth of ULTRA during Weserübung

Begonnen von Platon Alexiades, 21 März 2024, 22:10:27

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Platon Alexiades

For those interested in the subject and can read Italian, I have this article, co-written with Claudio Rizza, which was just published in the March issue of STORIA MILITARE. A few facts ignored by the Official History of British Intelligence. We hope to publish a translation in an English magazine in the future.

Platon

JensA

Hello Platon,

Sounds very interesting. Hopefully, we will have an English for us don't read Italian.

You write "this article" - should there be an attachment? I can't see any. :-)

Jens

Violoncello

Hi Platon,
I`ve the same question as Jens...The Italian text would fit.
Best regards
Violoncello

Besitzer

:MG: Moin,
habe mal ein wenig gestöbert im Netz, weil, so richtig konnte ich mir keinen Reim auf Post 1 machen.
Also,
  wer ist Claudio Rizza?

Antwort:  Claudio Rizza
Als Marineoffizier mit einem Abschluss in Politikwissenschaften war er unter anderem Leiter des Archivs des Historischen Amtes der Wehrmacht. Er arbeitet mit der «Rivista Marittima» und der Monatszeitschrift «Storia Militare» zusammen. Er ist Mitglied des Redaktionsausschusses und Mitarbeiter des «Archivbulletin des Historischen Amtes der Marine».

Auf "Academia" (   https://independent.academia.edu/ClaudioRizza  ), sind seine Artikel zu finden und auch zum runter laden. Allerdings muss man angemeldet sein, und ein PDf -Übersetzer benutzen.

Pdf Übersetzer:
https://updf.com/de/chatgpt/pdf-document-translator/

Vielleicht verrät uns der Ersteller, wo wir ohne Umwege, sein Artikel lesen können?
Und,.....was er uns sagen möchte!

Gruß Uwe

Aktualisierung: 01.04.2022
Seemannsgarn wird nicht geflochten,
sondern gesponnen! ;-))

Platon Alexiades

Attached is the cover page and the first page of the article. Commander Rizza is the former head of the Naval Archives Section at the Ufficio Storico della Marina Militare in Rome. We have already collaborated on an article revealing new facts on the human torpedo attack on Alexandria in December 1941 which was published in Rivista Marittima on the 80th anniversary of the attack. This can be found in PDF format on the Academia.edu website (Storia di una Baleniera) or also:
https://issuu.com/rivistamarittima/docs/dicembre_2021/s/14634321
Sie dürfen diesen Dateianhang nicht ansehen.Sie dürfen diesen Dateianhang nicht ansehen.Sie dürfen diesen Dateianhang nicht ansehen.Sie dürfen diesen Dateianhang nicht ansehen.   
The present article deals with the claims made by Winterbotham in his book which first revealed the ULTRA secret and the first operational use of Enigma decrypts in naval operations. It is a bit long for most magazines. This will be probably be available in a few months in PDF format.

Has anyone published an article or book on the B-Dienst work during Weserübung besides the Heinz Bonatz book? All this stuff could make an interesting book.

Thank you.

Platon

Platon Alexiades

Sorry, I seem to have clicked too many times on the insert button.

Violoncello

Hi Platon,

thanks for the additional information.

I don`t know a book on B-Dienst work during Weserübung. There is a book with general intelligence aspects in respect to Weserübung, but without dealing with the B-Dienst.
(Desarzens, Oliver: Nachrichtendienstliche Aspekte der "Weserübung" 1940, Osnabrück 1988)

Best regards

Violoncello

Platon Alexiades

Hi Violoncello,

Many thanks for the reference. I will try to find a copy.

Best regards,

Platon

Peter K.

ZitatDesarzens, Oliver: Nachrichtendienstliche Aspekte der "Weserübung" 1940, Osnabrück 1988
... durchaus empfehlenswert!
Grüße aus Österreich
Peter K.

www.forum-marinearchiv.de

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung