Blane

Wundervolle Arbeit!!

Mein grösster Respekt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schöne Grüsse
Christian

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Marc and all,

Thanks  my friend for the nice translation  :D

Is it possible to see the photo so I will undestand what he is talking about ??

I am sure I can help  ......

Ciao  Antonio  :D
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

mike_o

Danke Euch allen,

der Rumpf ist soweit auch in der Rohversion fertig, felen noch Schlingerkiel, Einlaßschächte, Schallanlage und und und... ist noch eine Menge Arbeit, wird bis zur Fertigstellung des gesamten Modells noch einige Jährchen dauern....
Bernd [(109) herrvorragende Arbeiten!!] und ich nehmen es eben sehr genau und das dauert so seine Zeit, Josef kennt das wa!!!!!

Schönes Wochenende

Mike_o
Grüße

Mike_O

Herr Nilsson

Hallo Antonio,

here's the picture

http://www.areeversand.de/ebay_milantik2004/januar/1605.jpg

Gruss

Marc

IMG-Funktion wg. Copyright entfernt
Bitte erst die Genehmigung der Webseite einholen.
t-geronimo
Gruß Marc

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Marc and all,

OK, now I understand what you are talking about, very good.

I saw the photo as well recently.

On many other photos I have you can see that when they painted the  dark colour camouflage on top of the 4 turrets, which was done on 1943 when the Tirpitz sailed from Narvik ( Bogen ) to go to Alta in KaaFjord,  they left the medium grey camo pattern  the ship had with the initial camouflage on the turret sloped ( inclined )  side.

In fact the lighter pattern you can see is exactly the  previous pattern of the camouflage on the side of the turret, with medium grey.

It is valid also on the other side  of A and B and on the aft turrets as well  on every place were they had a previous camouflage colour.

Hope to have explained well the concept.

More, you can explain Mike that on the C-Ceasar and D-Dora turrets, they also made another ' strange' thing,.. they left the  rangefinder hoods  light grey coloured, ..  so  a very unusual way to paint the ship, .. but that is the way they did it,..and after coloured them too, so you see both versions depending on the period of the photo.

Now everybody thinks those ' tops '  were Dark Grey, .. what about another colour, ....... as I am used to say, .. those ships will always surprise us, .... be careful.    

If it is useful I can make an easy drawing with my coloured pencils and show it  so it will be easier to be understood.

By the way, only the A-Anton turret  had the  turret side stair left light grey inside, .. another strange  thing of my ' Lovely Queen '.

Ciao Antonio  :D
'' ... Ich habe keine besondere begabung, sondern bin leidenschaftlich neugierig ''.    A. Einstein

Spee

@Antonio,

the light gray of the rangefinder hoods aren't so strange. If you paint the hoods dark, you have more troubles with the heat of the sun. Imagine, black car vs. withe car and the troubles for the optical arrangement !!
Servus

Thomas

Suicide Is Not a War-Winning Strategy

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Thomas and all,

YES my friend, I understand this, .. in fact  during Operation Juno the  Gneisenau  coloured them Dark Grey and the Scharnhorst did not,.. so I assume one crew took care of it on one ship and the other did not.

But in this case what I find really .... funny, .. is that  they painted the B-Bruno ones, .. but not the C-Ceasar and D-Dora ones,.. on Tirpitz    :shock:  ( of course no need on A-Anton that did not have them ).

Than the side stair as said, .. why only A-Anton with light grey inside ????

Than the overall interpretation of the camo,.. it is the only ship I know that once they decided to paint the sloped part of the turret with the air recognition colours, .. they left the camo pattern under it still visible,....
very unusual,.. and particular.

Tirpitz was also particular for the air recognition banners,..  never painted till late  .. and never on the stern, .. on this ship the interpretation of the procedures was,...particular ...even between fore and aft turrets painting teams ...at least this is what it looks.  

Maybe this is why I love her so much.... :D

Spee

Hi Antonio,

can you see also the white/extremely light grey strip under the left gun?
Servus

Thomas

Suicide Is Not a War-Winning Strategy

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao Thomas and all,

YES, I see what you mean and that detail on light grey together with the real top turret colour is  still not  fully clear to me, ..... that was not there before when the ship did not had the top turrets coloured.

Another detail that changed often  on this period was the colour of the gun barrels.

On some photos you see light grey, on another half clear and half dark on the lenght, so  on the vertical dimension,  .. and on others only the upper part dark and the lower light grey, but horizontally,..than on last ones full dark gun barrels.

Now I understand why B-Bruno rangefinders hood were dark and the others were not, ..because they had the darker original camo scheme painted on with medium grey, .. while on C-Ceasar and D-Dora those were painted light grey.

Herr Nilsson

Hallo zusammen,
dies ist wahrlich ein schwieriges Foto! Zumindestens für Turm Anton habe ich jedoch ein Foto aus dem Winter 42/43 gefunden, welches die vorhandenen Details scheinbar beinhaltet. Leider unterscheidet sich jedoch Bruno recht offensichtlich. (Siehe AJ-Press, EOW 19, Seite 53 unten.)
Das alles bringt mich zu der Frage, ob es überhaupt möglich ist ein gültiges detailliertes Tarnschema für einen längeren Zeitraum im Leben der Tirpitz und der anderen Schiffe aufzustellen. Ich denke, dass ständig an den Schiffen (auch und gerade in den hintersten Ecken) rumgepinselt wurde und somit für ein Modell die Wahrscheinlichkeit eines korrekten "Schnappschusses" von vorneherein recht gering ist. Vielleicht muss man einfach mit dieser Tatsache leben oder aber weitere Nachforschungen betreiben, die möglicherweise jedoch nicht zum Ziel führen. Irgendwann soll ein Modell ja auch mal fertig werden. Genug philosophiert!
Mike, eine wundervolle Arbeit!!! Ich bin sehr beeindruckt.

Gruss Marc
Gruß Marc

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

hope here you can find a better reference of what I  stated.

Sometimes drawings are better than many words.

Especially when you do not know well the language  :(

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here C-Ceasar and D-Dora during  Operation Rosselsprung on July 1942.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

here how the Tirpitz turrets were looking  like when she sailed from Trondheim to Alta ( KaaFjord ) on March  1943.

First A-Anton and B-Bruno ( note A-Anton rangefinder still painted ).

Very interesting is the gun barrels dark paint separated horizontally, as you can verify on the photo you showed me as well.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

and here C-Ceasar and D-Dora.

Note the rangefinder still light grey coloured and the gun barrels separated  horizontally as well.

Antonio Bonomi

Ciao all,

and than they did this, .. after ...

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung