Question on Soviet naval battles

Begonnen von lupodimare, 03 April 2013, 16:48:56

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

lupodimare

Hello!
Sorry, i'm from Italy and i can speak only English D:

I've questions on details about naval engagements involving Soviet ships and boats during the WWII. Expecially gunfire battles. I've got great replies from two good sites (axisforum and tsushima) but if someone know more, all it's welcome.

If there is already a similar topic i'm sorry. You could write in German or give links without waste time of copy text.

If you may help me i thank you! ^^

------------------------------------
(this is a list including all the times that Soviet warships/warboats managed to hit an enemy craft, including light and splinter damage. (also included inconclusive engagement that could deserve to be explored or could receive edits/corrections) Every kind of correction/addition is more then welcome
-----------------------------------

BALTIC SEA   -  1941

30/Nov/39
Soviet destroyer Grozyastchyi + sub.chaser MO-111 seize Finnish steamer Auvo (195 GTR)
Soviet destroyer Gordyi sunk Finnish motorboat  AV-45
There are more events related to the Winter War?

22 June 1941
Soviet sub. chaser MO-238 is sunk by German MTB S-44
There are details on the engagement? The MO fired back?

24 June 1941
Soviet submarine S-3 is sunk after an hard engagement with MTBs S-60 and S-35. Both the MTBs received hits and had 4 WIA

26-27-29 June 1941
While destroyer Storozhevoyi was torpedoed and damaged by MTBs S-31/S-59. In these days destroyer Stoikyi reported to have been subjected to 3 attacks of MTBs and firing back 2 times.
There are detailed German accounts? Reports of damages?

6 August 1941
The "Battle of Kolka" as sometimes referred, between destroyers Serdityi and Silnyi is now usually described as resulting only on hit on the second soviet destroyers. MRS-11 and M-31 reported no damages while the often described M-23 did not took part. However there are description with M-23 taking part and receiving damages on the communication equipment and that MRS-11 was straddled by fire and/or suffered indirect/splinter damages. There are original German account of the battle? War diaries avaible?

12-18 July 1941
During the Campaing of Riga the attack of soviet TK-17, TK-87, TK-73 and TK-93 on 13 July caused gunfire damages to the gunboat SAT-3 August  (struck by 60 hits of machine guns) and ligher damages to the barges B-1P, B-2P and Eemlan. Action of destroyer Steregushchyi caused minor damages to minesweepers R-30 and R-31 .
There are corrections/edits? I've read for the minesweepers both light/splinter damages and both indirect damages due close explosion.

19 - 20 July 1941
The first day the minesweeper Tszcz-202 managed to damage the Finnish MTB Vinha.
The next day destroyer Yakov Sverdlov fought against German units.
Who were the German units? They fought back? Got light damages or causalities?

24 July 1941
Soviet  MO-501, MO-503 and MO-107 fired against enemy MTBs
Who was? Damages/causalities?

22 July 1941
Soviet motor torpedo boat TK-71 and the icebreaker Lachplesis (580 GTR) were sunk by German MTBs.
Who sunk them? There was a gufire battle/fire from Soviet units? Any kind of damage on Germans?

26 July 1941
During the battle of Bengtskar, Finnish gunboat Uusimaa managed to sunk MO-306 (previously PK-238). No damage on Finnish ship

26 July 1941
Soviet MTBs vs  German R-boats,  no damage inflicted on both sides.

1 August 1941 
Soviet destroyer Silnyi, reported to have fought a short gun figth that a "Jaguar class" (often claimed by Soviets in 1941). Who was the real target? What happened?
Also i've read of clash between Soviet TK vs RA boats.  TK-74 managed to sunk RA-55, while TK-84 sunk the RA-53  and the TK-122 was sunk by the German boats.
However the last fight it's unclear, the RA were classified as lost on mines... some more data?
And there was a fight of TK but against minesweepers (only light damages on one TK)

8 August 1941
Failed attempt of Finnish MTBs and patrols to attack evacuation convoys from Hanko. MO-211 and MO-142  reject  VMV-11 and VMV-17  and MTBs Syoksy and Nuoli that are later damaged by aircrafts.

12 August 1941
A clash on Peipus Lake was fought by Soviet ships (gunboat Embach and two KM-boats) and German patrols. There are Soviet claims to have hit a target but i've found no data from German sources. What happened?

12 August 1941 (same day)
German MTBs S-26, S-28, S-39 and S-40 with the Soviet minesweeper Tszcz-41. The soviet unit was sunk while the S-39 was damaged.

17 August 1941
Soviet gunship Krasnoye Znamya bombed German land forces reported to have destroyed some pontoons used by Germans to cross the river.
There are German data about this bombing and it's effects? It was close Narva

19 August 1941
Inconclusive fire from the MO-207 against the German S-27 and S-28

21 August 1941
Soviet patrol boats MO-231 and Mo-407 received some fire without damages from German minelayers Koning Luise, Cobra, the Finnish Riilahti and German MTBs.

21 August 1941
Soviet destroyers Artem and Surovyi intercepted and attacked a small German convoy. During the fight against the gunboat SAT-1 Ost they received light damages  (2 WIA on Artem).
The SAT-1 Ost run aground and possibly received light damages then. I've read of 1 KIA and 3 WIA (the dead while leaving the ship). There are more data? The other ships of the convoy, the steamers Maggie and Olga and the ferries, got light damages?

24 August 1941
Soviet cruiser Kirov and the leader destroyer Leningrad made bombings and it's reported that on river Keila was hit and sunk a small ex-soviet riverine steamer ferry captured by German forces to transport.
There are details about this event? Confirmations from Geman ground forces? Possible identity of small steamer?

25 August 1941
German MTBs S-26, S-27 and S-28 vs Soviets boats. Inconclusive.

27 August 1941
Soviet MTB  TK-57 (later renamed TK-94) with three other MTBs attacked the motorboats Adele and Diete Korner, both run aground during the attack and possibly hit by gunfire.
It's confirmed that they were also hit by machineguns?

28 August 1941
Soviet gunboats BK-213 and BK-214 attacked close to Finnish shore a small convoys of unarmed Finnish barges, sinking  2 pontoon ferries and other 2 damaged beyond repair and 4 motorboat sunk (motorboats were towing the pontoons). At the time of the attack the units were not carrying troops and the causalities were only of 3 kia and 4 wia. Finish sources confirm these losses, (Soviet had actually claimed a total amount of 10 targets sunk or destroyed)

27-28 August 1941
S-26, S-27, S-39, S-40 and S-41 repulsed by Soviet Destroyers fire (including the fire of the leader destroyer Minsk).
There are details? Possible splinter/light damages caused? There were further attempted attacks?

2 September 1941
Soviet MTB TK-57 (later renamed TK-94) and other units including  by TK-67 and TK-154 attacked the minesweepers M-3 and M-20 that suffered light damage by gunfire.
It should be confirmed, even if light, as damage. There are further detail?

8 September 1941
Finnish minelayers Routsinsalmi and Riilhati and patrol boats VMV-9 and VMV-11 vs   MTBs TK-37, TK-121, TK-174 and TK-184. Inconclusive

12 September 1941
Soviet MTB n°12 sunk with torpedo the German patrol ship V-308 Oscar Neynaber but was later sunk with gunfire by V-309, while the other MTB that took part at the attack, n°22, managed to escape.
There was also gunfire fire from Soviet? Any damage inflicted? (apart the loss of V-308)

27 September 1941
TK-67, TK-83, TK-111, TK-164 vs light cruiser   Emden and Leipzig. During the assault the TK-83 was sunk.
Soviet used also gunfire? Soviet MTB commander was awarded for this action. I've read that the Leipzing wasn't hit,  her repairs in Germany that should have lasted until June 1942 were not caused by battle damage right?

30 September 1941
Finnish MTBs Nuoli and Sisu attacked the Suursaari harbour Soviet submarine L-3 that was lightly damaged By what? I've not understood, maybe indirect explosion of torpedoes.
It was claimed hits on attackers but actually should have been hit one of the torpedo while running by a single shell, with the unexploded torpedo later recovered (a very rare event i think!)
This event is confirmed? there is some other report of damages?

21 October 1941
engagement between CK-239 and enemy boats (two were claimed sunk and one damaged)
What happened? who was engaged?

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung