Forum Marinearchiv
Zivile Schifffahrt => Motoren & Dampf => Thema gestartet von: offshore am 03 Juni 2014, 10:58:29
Are there any new clues regarding sinking of Franz Rudolf on 1942-09-29. Some sources says it was off Kolberg, others it was off Stolpemunde.
Does the crew were rescued by another ship? If yes there should be some statement of the witnesses.
I found out that in Geheimes Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz in Berlin there are some files regarding sinking of FR - Untergang des Dampfers "Franz Rudolf" - I wonder if there is some more information.
--/>/> http://www.historisches-marinearchiv.de/projekte/asa/ausgabe.php?where_value=1120
I can add to this meldung from Kustenbefehlshaber Pommeranische kuste:
Dpf. "Selma" meldet: Dpf "Franz Rudolf" um 0400 h torpediert auf 54.32 N, 15.48,0. 9 Mann von Dpf. "Selma" gerettet.
There is also detailed report some time later. Sub was sighted from FR in 03.30, AO8612. In 04.02 torpedo hit steamship in bb-side, in kesselraum. Ship sinks in 2 minutes, captain and 5 man was posted missing.