Forum Marinearchiv

Modellbau => 1:1250-Maßstab und kleiner => Thema gestartet von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 16:10:34

Titel: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 16:10:34
HI
I have a small project trying to complete Weserübung in 1250 scale models...
(estimated time of completion 2035)
So far I got most of KM's warships,what I could find of the Norwegians and Danes,
a bunch of RN and one French destroyer and a couple of Allied merchants.

As I have a special interest in the supply part of Weserübung  I have a pretty high priority on the German merchants.



As far as I know, have the following German ships not been made as 1250 models,
it might be me looking in the wrong direction.

If I could have some advice if the following ships have been made and by whom,
I would apreciate the effort.
(Not to mention if anyone got one of these for sale...)



Nametons(?)JahreReederei
Sao Paolo50001921Hamburg-Süd
Main76001927NDL
Dollart5351934John T. Essberger, Hamburg
Belt3221936John T. Essberger
Euroland8601916Europäische Tankreederei, Hamburg
Antares26001937Argo Reederei (Richard Adler), Bremen
Jonia3100??
Muansa55001911Deutsche Afrika-Linien, Hamburg
Wigand59001922Norddeutscher Lloyd, Bremen.
Westsee59001914W. Schuchmann, Hamburg
August Leonhard25001922Leonhardt & Blumberg, Hamburg
Tijuca59001923Hamburg-Südex- Ludwigshafen
Curityba50001923Hamburg-Südex HOLSTEIN
Friedenau52001920Bugsier Reederei & Bergungs A.G., Hamburg
Hamm59001921HAPAG
Wandsbek24001938Knöhr & Burchard, Hamburg
Scharhörn26001927Aschpurwis & Co., Hamburg
Cordoba1919Hamburg-SüdOther names: [LD as WAR SABLE] - 29 LISA - 29 TAUNUS - 37 CORDOBA
Köln1922NDL
Dessau59331923NDLex WIDO
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: t-geronimo am 14 Juli 2008, 16:24:06
Zitat von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 16:10:34
I have a small project ...
estimated time of completion 2035...



I am wondering how for you a BIG project would look like...  :-D
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: OWZ am 14 Juli 2008, 16:37:44
By a short general view I see the small tanker "Belt" from which a HAMMONIA-model had been made; moreover: Do you checked out all sisterships for your search?

Nachtrag: A good search-tool for your ambition is ...

http://www.galerie-maritim.de/cgi-bin/Adaptor/none/www.galerie-maritim.net/70003/NavyTOC

Best wishes

OWZ
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 20:04:17
Zitat von: OWZ am 14 Juli 2008, 16:37:44
By a short general view I see the small tanker "Belt" from which a HAMMONIA-model had been made; moreover: Do you checked out all sisterships for your search?

Nachtrag: A good search-tool for your ambition is ...

http://www.galerie-maritim.de/cgi-bin/Adaptor/none/www.galerie-maritim.net/70003/NavyTOC

Best wishes

OWZ

Thank you,
Gallerie Maritim's list as PDF is one of my main sources,
in conjunction with miramar ship index ( http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz/ship/list )
Got Ham 32 as Moonsund but did somehow missed that Belt was a sister.

I have tried to find sisterships and different names and this is what is left.
(Should show the ones I did find too for quality assurance)


Cheers
/John T.
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 20:13:36
Zitat von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 20:04:17
(Should show the ones I did find too for quality assurance)



Ship name tons producer
Rugard H2O 15,  Welfia 019
Bärenfels 7600 CM-76  MARIENFELS (II)
Rauenfels 8500 CM-75 RAUENFELS (II)  --HM 134 WACHTFELS (II)
Alster 8500 CM-64 Alster
Levante 4800 M564  Cairo   Blev sedan HK6 Steir
Roda 6800 M541  Rhakotis
Jan Wellem 12 000 Mercator 527
Kattegatt 6000 Mercator 594
Skagerrak 6000 Mercator 594
Senator 845 RU   15   SENATOR (Motortanker,LW)   AO   D   1902   1940
Belt 322 HAM   32   MOONSUND   TAK   D   1937   0   Hammonia
Stedingen ¨ 8000 Argos  Ossag   COL - 17
Moonsund 322 HAM   32   MOONSUND   TAK   D   1937   0   Hammonia
Itauri 6800 CM-37   Itauri
Neidenfels 7800 M586 - Goldenfels  Wiking Hohenfelds,  --  Atlantis (HSK 2) Neptun
Kreta 2400 HAM   13   KRETA   FR   D   1923
Tubingen 5500 York 104
Mendoza 5200 FD   195a   MENDOZA (II) ex MOUNT IDA ex BALLENA   FR   D   1920   1939
Marie Leonhard 2600 GS model 48 marie Leonard
Curityba 5000 ex HOLSTEIN
Rio de Janeiro 5300 CM 098  Rio de Janeiro
Kellerwald 5000 CMP 26   M437 Kellerwald
Wigbert 3600 RU 36  Wigbert  MaRu  MaRu  AK  1940  D    42,60 
Espana 7500 M504 Espana
Rosario 6100 HM 108 ROSARIO (III) ex WITELL (III) ex BAKARA FR D 1937 1913
Tucuman 4600 PO 29 TUCUMAN ex EIFEL ex DORIS FR D 1937 1918
Hanau 5900 HM 39 HANAU AK D 1943 1921
Wolfram 3600 Yorck 103 WOLFRAM FR D 0 1921
Moltkefels HY 58 GOLDENFELS (III) FR D 0 1938   HY 58a MOLTKEFELS (II) (Tarnanstrich) AK D 1945 1940
Entreriros CMP-13, CM-96
Buenos Aires CM 280 BUENOS AIRES (III) PAF D 0 1912
Leuna M573 Leuna
Campinas PO 56  CAMPINAS ex WESTERWALD

I really like this table function on this board  :ML:
Cheers
/John T.
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: kiekut am 14 Juli 2008, 20:41:36
Hej John

MOONSUND is a sister of BELT. Both ships are build by Werft Nobiskrug GmbH, Rendsburg. BELT in 1936, MOONSUND in 1937. Are you sure that BELT has been a part of "WESERÜBUNG"?

Best wishes,
kiekut
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: t-geronimo am 14 Juli 2008, 23:56:00
According to Lochner "Als das Eis brach" Belt was part of the Bergen group and left Brunsbüttel on April 9th.
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: OWZ am 15 Juli 2008, 17:27:03
@ John:

The "Buenos Aires" built 1912 (9100 BRT)/CM 280 in your list is not the correct one. Better is "Buenos Aires" built 1911 (6100 BRT) - sister of "Rosario". I would take a CM-"Patagonia" /CM 097 (changing some details).

The 1912-Buenos Aires went with the treaty of Versailles to France (or so) and remained there.

Best wishes

OWZ
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 19 Juli 2008, 10:08:38
Zitat von: OWZ am 15 Juli 2008, 17:27:03
@ John:

The "Buenos Aires" built 1912 (9100 BRT)/CM 280 in your list is not the correct one. Better is "Buenos Aires" built 1911 (6100 BRT) - sister of "Rosario". I would take a CM-"Patagonia" /CM 097 (changing some details).

The 1912-Buenos Aires went with the treaty of Versailles to France (or so) and remained there.

Best wishes

OWZ

:MG:
Nice, as Patagonia is shown as in production by Wiedling, I think it's easier get hold of her than an old HM.

I'm always impressed by "Bootologischer", their  ability to sort things out out of an ocean of facts, the number of ships and their dussin of names and owners each and then you can identify them on looks too.  :-o

Many thanks
/John T.

Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 10 Januar 2010, 18:11:11
Hello again

Here's a graphical status report:
:MG: --/>/>
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: Captain Hans am 10 Januar 2010, 19:25:02
Hi there

an excellent fleet with very nice models - congratulation  top

best regards from Costa Rica

Hans
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 17 Januar 2010, 13:27:00

Had a problem to send pic's in PM
So I put them here.

CM 098  Rio de Janeiro
Cheers
/John T.
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: crolick am 17 Januar 2010, 20:28:53
Thank you John - very interesting pictures! Is this your own work or there is a model of RdJ?!
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 21 Januar 2010, 20:08:07
Zitat von: crolick am 17 Januar 2010, 20:28:53
Thank you John - very interesting pictures! Is this your own work or there is a model of RdJ?!

Rio de Jaineiro from Carlos Marquardt http://www.cm-miniaturen.de/

Warning - turn down the speaker volume before entering his site ;)

Cheers
/John T.
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: Captain Hans am 22 Januar 2010, 15:35:09
I am always amazed what can be done in such a tiny scale- incredible top top
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 02 Dezember 2012, 11:14:28
Zitat von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 16:10:34
HI
I have a small project trying to complete Weserübung in 1250 scale models...
(estimated time of completion 2035)

Four year later, still 22 years to go.  :O/Y

Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: t-geronimo am 02 Dezember 2012, 16:11:18
But you are still in the game. Great!! :TU:)
Titel: Re: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: Hastei am 05 Dezember 2012, 10:22:56
hallo JohnT , sehe erst jetzt Deine Sammlung von "zivilen" Schiffe dieses Unternehmens. Großartig ! Alleine das Recherchieren ist schon eine interessante Arbeit.                                                Weiterhin viel Erfolg wünscht der Hastei
Titel: Aw: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 03 September 2024, 20:41:58
Zitat von: t-geronimo am 14 Juli 2008, 16:24:06
Zitat von: JohnT am 14 Juli 2008, 16:10:34I have a small project ...
estimated time of completion 2035...



I am wondering how for you a BIG project would look like...  :-D

Weser1b.jpg

Slowly getting a bit further.
Thanks to Shapeways I almost completed the Danish, Norwegian and Swedish airforces.
the middle plastic boxes.
As well as the German submarines in one sprue (lower right)


(Sorry, Couldn't help to include the Swedes)



Cheers
/John
Titel: Aw: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: OWZ am 04 September 2024, 12:07:35
 One can easily see, time is on your side   top .
 Greetings OWZ
Titel: Aw: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: maxim am 04 September 2024, 12:12:42
Very impressive collection!  :TU:)

Do you have already all Danish ships, e.g. Niels Juel? If yes, from which producer (or designer in case of Shapeways)?
Titel: Aw: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: JohnT am 04 September 2024, 23:19:46
Zitat von: maxim am 04 September 2024, 12:12:42Very impressive collection!  :TU:)

Do you have already all Danish ships, e.g. Niels Juel? If yes, from which producer (or designer in case of Shapeways)?
Dannebrogen by Albatross,
Niels Juel (Hai 255)
Peder Skram (shapeways, COB Constructs and Miniatures)
And Laxen ( Hai 71)

Alas I haven't found any of the submarines yet.

But SNAFU at shapeways did Army and Navy airforces.
Titel: Aw: Weserübung in 1250 scale
Beitrag von: Urs Heßling am 05 September 2024, 13:56:38
hi, John
absolutely admirable :MG:  top  :TU:) ... especially the German "Groups" display :TU:)

greetings, Urs