HMS Hood

Begonnen von Martin H-K, 22 April 2009, 01:42:43

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Martin H-K

Yes, I believe so... there is a famous gun competition between the Royal Navy and the Royal Marines where they strip down a field gun each and then transport (by hand) across an assault course, re-assemble it and fire off three rounds. It is to commemorate the relief of Ladysmith in 1897 when Royal Marines from HMS Powerful transported six guns to lift the siege. Initially pulled by oxen, the men had to take over when the oxen died. It was 189 miles through rough country- they succeeded.

Martin H-K

Today's planking shot! :D I feel like a plank at the moment...

t-geronimo

Be glad that you are not modelling in 1:350 scale...  :-D
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Martin H-K

Oh boy... that would be a pain... I'd have to use tweazers to handle the planks. :-o

Martin H-K

okaaayyyy .... leicht irritierend, aber (wenn auch reparierbar) booboo! Ich habe so durchgeführt weg mit meinem Beplankung, dass ich nicht aufmerksam auf meine Beplankung und planked das falsche Bit-den "roten" Bereich. Es müsse ohnehin dicker, so will ich einfach Stelle füllen und wieder malen. Machen Sie sich keine Sorgen über die verschiedenen Schatten der Plank-Teak und Kiefer ... der Kiefer ist zu Teak gebeizt bald.

Martin H-K

I just translated what I wrote back into English... I nearly wet myself... :-oROTFL
This is what came back...

"okaaayyyy .... slightly irritating, but (if repairable) booboo! I have so carried away with my planking that I do not draw attention to my planked planking and the wrong bit the "red" area. It should be thick anyway, so I will simply fill body and paint again. Do not worry about the different shade of the Plank-teak and pine ... the jaw is too soon pickled teak".

It makes VERY LITTLE SENSE!  :roll:

This is what it should have said (and BTW, I will just write in English from now on- sorry but the translation makes me sound like a real idiot!).

"okaaayyyy.... slight but irritating (though fixable) booboo! I got so carried away with my planking that I wasn't paying close attention to my planking plan and planked the wrong bit- the 'red' section. It needed to be thicker anyway so I will simply body fill and re-paint. Don't be concerned about the different shade of plank- teak and pine... the pine is to be teak stained soon."

Ralf

Keep cool Martin, we could make better, I think... Perhaps one of us should translate, when you have finished a part of your rapport?

:MG:

btw: Its a nice ship, your are buildig... How will you transport in the future?

Gruß
Ralf

Martin H-K

Thankyou. I will start by putting it (in sections) into the back a truck that has at least a 3m bed- that is, it has 3m of free room behind the cab where the driver sits. Each of the three sections is just under 3m long so I can stack them on top of each other.  :-)

Ralf

Ich übersetze mal frei: Ich fragte Martin, wie er "HMS Hood" transportieren werde. Er schreibt, dass das Schiff in drei Sektionen aufgeteil wird und so in seinen Transporter passt... Jede Sektion ist unter 3 m somit wäre das machbar, er kann sie stapeln...

Ist das ok, wenn wir die Fragen und Antworten so etwas lachs über setzen?

@Martin: Ok, i understand... But how will you keep your sections dry? Or are they swimable each of them?
Gruß
Ralf

Martin H-K

Each section is a seperate hull and independantly waterproof. Basically, three boats connected together. An advantage is that if one section gets holed, then the other two sections should keep the holed section afloat. Safety... mine... is my FIRST concern.  :-)

Martin H-K

Today's planking shots!

Martin H-K

I was REALLY not looking forward to doing the anchor holes... and it went really well AND I made the anchors as well!!! ThThe last shot is of the forward jack staff. More tomorrow...

Martin H-K

Pictures from today.... :-D

Martin H-K

Oops... forgot to put up the piccies... :-o

t-geronimo

Planking seems to be a never ending job...  :-D

But it looks really great!!  top
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung