Schnellboote

Begonnen von joern, 18 September 2012, 09:15:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

alo41

Hi and thanks Urs for the good photo. Much better then the old booklet I had it in. I have tried to ID the boats before and failed. The new photo and HMA makes it possible to improve.

I now think it is from left to right:

S 116, S 115, S 112 and S 107 in Travemünde, ~27 June-4 July 1942.  (S 116 could be S 117 but she looks almost ready so dont think so. S 117 could be in the tent to the very left?)

There is a Schlichting photo of S 115 with the same "ring" on the front of the bridge (behind the horne).
S 107 has the Winkenstand that only S 105-S 108 had and also the old high railing on the front deck.

I hope I have checked it enough, otherwise I am sure you will tell me.

/Alo
Antworte im deutsch, bitte

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 29 Dezember 2020, 21:33:14
S 116, S 115, S 112 and S 107 in Travemünde,
sieht nach optischer ID von S 107 gut aus.
Leider sind die von S 107 angelaufenen Häfen im Zeitraum 24.6. (ab Rotterdam) - 18.7. (an Swinemünde) nicht dokumentiert-

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

quote author=Arjan link=topic=18105.msg387877#msg387877 date=1609255923]

Regarding De Haan Belgium, the Zeepreventorium was also used by Schnellboot crews, also the backdrop of some well-known LWS pics :

http://zeepreventorium.org/histo/1940-1945.htm
[/quote]

A good link, I could see that you were sharing photos there, thanks.

I have already found some of the De Haan Hotels used by the 3 SFtl in the Ratisbon auction aldbum that PS posted.

https://www.ratisbons.com/40th-contemporary-history-auction/obermaat-morgeneier-comprehensive-schnellboot-grouping.html    Scroll down ~30%

They were staying at the Atlanta hotel (the higher building) and took photos from the balcony in diffrent directions.

/Alo

alo41

Hi

I have a quiz from the S 113 album. They had a lot of spare time and there is a mix of photos showing what they did in that time.

My quiz question is where this "Erholungsheim der Kriegsmarine" is placed and what it is used for now.

The clues are in the attached photos. There was not any text with the photos. I had to do a lot of Googeling, mybe someone can see it directly.

Another question I been woundering about: When were the soliders sent to an Erholungsheim? Why not just home leave?

/Alo

Ede Kowalski

Moin,
der Stausee sieht mir so aus wie der Edersee.
Gruß Ralf

klaushh

Moin,

bei 3 denke ich (trotz des steinernen Turmes) an Norwegen.

Gruß
klaushh

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: alo41 am 30 Dezember 2020, 14:30:19
When were the soliders sent to an Erholungsheim? Why not just home leave?
eine mögliche Erklärung ist. daß es für eine Heimfahrt ganz einfach zu weit war.
Wenn ein Soldat aus Bayern, der auf einem Schiff im Altafjord Dienst tat, 2 Wochen Heimaturlaub bekam, hätte er es in dieser Zeit nicht einmal nach Hause und zurück geschafft ...

Gruß, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

alo41

Zitat von: Ede Kowalski am 30 Dezember 2020, 16:15:17
Moin,
der Stausee sieht mir so aus wie der Edersee.
Gruß Ralf

I can see what you see but Edersee is way to big.

/Alo

alo41

Zitat von: klaushh am 30 Dezember 2020, 16:27:53
Moin,

bei 3 denke ich (trotz des steinernen Turmes) an Norwegen.

Gruß
klaushh

There is a Norwegian conection.

/Alo

joern

Hallo ,
Foto 1 und 2 ist Brückenberg(Kirche Wang) ein Ortsteil von Krummhübel im Riesengebirge, heute Polen.
Grüße Joern
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabkirche_Wang

alo41

Zitat von: joern am 30 Dezember 2020, 17:20:04
Hallo ,
Foto 1 und 2 ist Brückenberg(Kirche Wang) ein Ortsteil von Krummhübel im Riesengebirge, heute Polen.
Grüße Joern
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabkirche_Wang

Yes, Kirche Wang (Vang) was bought from Norway by king Fredrik Vilhelm IV of Preusen in 1842.
Hotel Wang is now Tarasy Wang

smutje505

Hallo alo41 ich ergänze auch noch mit Bildern und ich meine das, daß EH der KM sich auch im Riesengebirge befand.(sehr gutes Reizklima)Der Turm aus Stein wurde extra wegen der Windverhältnisse an die Stabkirche zum Schutz später angebaut.
PK aus Krummhübel

alo41

Yes, the Erholungsheim was there.

/Alo

alo41

I will give the last bits.

Pension Wiedmannsheil and it is now a school.

I was a lot more confused over Norway.

/Alo

smutje505

Hallo alo41 danke für die PK  top

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung