Kanonenboot "K 1"

Begonnen von Urs Heßling, 07 Januar 2015, 23:42:50

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

igor

All that mean - previous fate of K.1 was irraneous!
I'm very glad to see this just in time. Thank you Carsten for this docs!

t-geronimo

Many, many thanks for sharing!!! :TU:)
Gruß, Thorsten

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."
(Captain Tennant, HMS Repulse, 09.12.1941)

Forum MarineArchiv / Historisches MarineArchiv

Urs Heßling

hi,

Zitat von: kgvm am 18 Januar 2015, 17:46:13
But if so the first pictures don't show "K 1".
Zitat von: igor am 20 Januar 2015, 11:01:40
All that mean - previous fate of K.1 was irraneous! 

If I interpret the text and the drawings correctly, the ship in the pictures (shown to be turning hard to starboard) must be indeed "K 1" ..

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Delmenhorst

PS

Hello
Added a report from 143 Sqdr. about the attack.Notes at the end. Two Ex-dutch gunboats idetified by available photos.
regards
PS

igor

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 22 Januar 2015, 12:15:51
If I interpret the text and the drawings correctly, the ship in the pictures (shown to be turning hard to starboard) must be indeed "K 1" ..
If photo P101030, P101024 and Image1 show same ship, this is 100% K.3, not K.1. If you look in Groener, band 1 seite 174, you see what i'm try to say. It's shape of RF.
Image1 too small to see details, but it seems for me, that K.1 must be little ahead last steamship when turning to attacking planes. So in my opinion Image1 shows K.3 too.

Delmenhorst

Could you show a scan of Groener, band 1 seite 174 ? I don't have acces to Groener.

Urs Heßling

hi,

Zitat von: igor am 23 Januar 2015, 08:47:33
If photo P101030, P101024 and Image1 show same ship, this is 100% K.3, not K.1. If you look in Groener, band 1 seite 174, you see what i'm try to say. It's shape of RF.
It seems to me that we are left with a contradiction :
- The pictutes 101024 and 101030 show a ship turning hard to starboard which looks indeed more like Groener's sketch of "K 3" than "K 1 / K 2" (but the difference is not that great).
The latter aren't dated, however, ..

- The engagement sketch shows rather clearly that the ship turning to starboard was the ship that was sunk .. and that was "K 1".

I don't presume or say that I'm correct, but to me, the engagement sketch is more convincing, and I continue to believe that the pictures show "K 1".

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Urs Heßling am 07 Januar 2015, 23:42:50
Bei der Nachtschicht in der Bahnhofsmission Hannover traf ich durch Zufall bei der Umsteigehilfe auf einen 90-jährigen Herrn, der mir bei der gegenseitigen Vorstellung eröffnete, er sei ab Oktober 1944 als Oberfähnrich in Nordnorwegen auf dem Kanonenboot K 1 im Einsatz gewesen und bis zum Untergang am 4. Mai 1945 an Bord geblieben.
Er erzählte, er habe darüber schon Vorträge gehalten und bot mir - auf meine Nachfrage hin - an, mir Memorabilia und Fotos zu schicken.
Die habe ich jetzt ... geschenkt (!) ... bekommen  :MG: :MG:

Siehe Anhänge .. (Info für Hubertus :wink:)

Gruß, Urs

Ritchie

Hallo Urs,

das ist ja ein tolles Geschenk. Hat der Oberfähnrich auch eine Liste der Überlebenden übermittelt?

Bei Miramar wird ein dänischer Bericht zitiert in dem 114 Tote angegeben werden. Das stimmt ja dann sicher nicht.

Grüße Ritchie

Urs Heßling

moin,

indirekt ja: ich habe auch eine Besatzungsliste vom Untergangstag.

Gruß, Urs

Hubertus

Urs many thanks for the crew list.

Cheers Herb. top
There are no roses on a sailor's grave
No lilies on an ocean wave
The only tribute is the seagull's sweeps
And the teardrops that a sweetheart weeps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ritchie

Hallo Urs,

das sind ja tolle Neuigkeiten. Kannst Du die bitte auch noch scannen und als Anhang hier veröffentlichen?

Vielen Dank

Ritchie

Delmenhorst

Ich möchter gerne eine Kopie haben ....

Urs Heßling

moin,

Zitat von: Ritchie am 16 März 2015, 18:12:19
Kannst Du die bitte auch noch scannen und als Anhang hier veröffentlichen?
Leider nein, es sind die Rechte eventuell noch lebender Personen zu berücksichtigen.
Bei den Namen der Gefallenen (siehe U-Boot-Ehrenmal Möltenort) ist das etwas Anderes.

Zitat von: Delmenhorst am 17 März 2015, 17:54:09
Ich möchter gerne eine Kopie haben ....
.. und in diesem Ton, bitte, schon überhaupt nicht.

Gruß, Urs

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung